• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth problems

Majora_Luna

Jan 16, 2013
Has anyone ever had bluetooth problems with this phone? I have CM7 installed. The problem is that my headset (Logitech H800) won't properly connect for some reason. It used to, no problem, but then suddenly it wouldn't do the second, lower-pitched beep when connecting. Now I can't control music (except for volume for some reason), and honestly I can't tell if it's a bluetooth problem, phone problem, or headset problem.

The easiest way to troubleshoot it would be to try and connect it to another bluetooth device. If that doesn't work you have several options. Restore a CWM backup or factory reset and clear cache plus dalvik, ORRRRRRRR just reinstall the ROM. It will depend on how you've got CM7 set up too. If you're running S2E or the SSM, your best bet would be to make a Titanium backup, then do a complete reinstallation of everything. Then restore your apps.

If it were me, if a CWM backup didn't fix the issue I would go straight for the complete reinstallation. Then again, I like doing a complete reinstall just for the helluva it sometimes. LOL!!! :D

Reactions: Majora_Luna
Upvote 0
The easiest way to troubleshoot it would be to try and connect it to another bluetooth device. If that doesn't work you have several options. Restore a CWM backup or factory reset and clear cache plus dalvik, ORRRRRRRR just reinstall the ROM. It will depend on how you've got CM7 set up too. If you're running S2E or the SSM, your best bet would be to make a Titanium backup, then do a complete reinstallation of everything. Then restore your apps.

If it were me, if a CWM backup didn't fix the issue I would go straight for the complete reinstallation. Then again, I like doing a complete reinstall just for the helluva it sometimes. LOL!!! :D

I think I'll just try wiping the cache and the dalvik cache in the recovery (CWM) thinger. ... I can delete the cache right without anything bad happening?

Upvote 0
I think I'll just try wiping the cache and the dalvik cache in the recovery (CWM) thinger. ... I can delete the cache right without anything bad happening?

Yes. I would go ahead and wipe cache, then go to advanced and wipe the Dalvik too. Just remember that when you do that it takes a little bit longer to boot up so don't worry. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones