• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bluetooth question

Hey guys,

I'm planning on running a Nexus 7 in my dash instead of a radio. I have everything worked out except for phone integration. In a lot of states now handsfree is the law, and I would like to be able to control my phone from my source unit if possible. Does anyone know if there are any apps that allow control of your phone (DINC2) through the tablet through bluetooth?

I'm interested to know whether USB OTG supports audio devices and if so whether it supports recording as you'd need something like this to support an external mic. The headphone socket on Nexus is only for headphones and does not support an inline mic. Without external mic capabilities for the Nexus you'd possibly be looking at using an external mic plugged into the phone but control via the Nexus?
I'm very interested to find out how you get on with this project.

Upvote 0
i was planning on using the onboard mic on the nexus if possible. i believe its on the side right? was going to put a small hole with a grill over where the mic is, similar to factory bluetooth mics in cars. but i didnt even think of an external mic to plug into the phone. currently i use my phone thru the aux port and the phone mic picks up fine, so worst case i could mount my phone and run it through the aux input of the jbl ms-8.

but either way once i start the project i will post it up on here. i just won a free full system from work as a performance bonus so ill be installing that now, then saving up to buy the nexus and the ms-8 and then its time to get to choppin and glassing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones