1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth radio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Laura247, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Laura247

Laura247 Lurker

Looking to but a new radio that is compatiable with my ipod and htc desire. However been to Halfords and been told that HTC do not work with bluetooth on any of their radio because of the software on the phone.

Any advice will be helpful and also recomendations to radios.

Thanks Laura.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ziggy1024

ziggy1024 Member

Halfords staff in lack of knowledge shocker.

I have a Sony mex-bt3600u which works fine with my Desire, both for A2DP and calls :)

The current equivalent is the mex-bt3800u - a quick google reveals that (shockingly) it works fine with the Desire too...

I know nowt about ipod compatibility though I'm afraid, none of that nasty apple stuff here!

3. ziggy1024

ziggy1024 Member

BTW, my 3600 does play off of a USB stick and has a 3.5mm input jack, so you'd definitely be able to listen to stuff off your ipod, if not control it. The current Sony mex-bt3900u claims to control an ipod & I'd be very surprised if it didn't work with your phone too :)

4. Laura247

Laura247 Lurker

Thanks for your help will look into it now. Halfords really annoyed me, most of all when i rang another store and they said it would work. Only got an ipod as couldnt find transmitter that would work with creative mp3 (this was many years ago).

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews