1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth Reception

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by papaandroid, Jul 7, 2011.

1. papaandroid

papaandroid Newbie
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    I just bought a Plantronics M1100 for my Dinc2 after doing a fair amount of research and knowing someone that already owned one. It paired and connected without any issues. Made a test call to my son to see how things sounded. I couldn't get more than a couple of feet from the phone without choppy sound. Thinking it was the new headset, I tried using an older headset, same thing. If I went into another room, the reception was just awful.

Thinking it might be the Bluetooth antenna, I took off the phone case I got better results but not nearly enough to be satisfied. I hate to think I just found what maybe the only, but important, issue with this phone.

This is of concern and I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue with the Dinc2 or knew technically what may be going on.

Advertisement

2. TTupa

TTupa Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    I used a Plantronics headset (PL510 I think?) with mine the other day and was able to put the phone down and walk into the next room over. I didn't notice any change in the sound via the earpiece. I haven't heard of this issue previously, other than a few people reporting an overall issue with the voice quality via BT/earpiece/external speaker. So you could be right about a BT antenna issue.

3. papaandroid

papaandroid Newbie
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    I think I might go to the local Verizon store and have them take a look at it.

Does anyone know if the BT antenna is serviceable?

I certainly do not want to trade in the phone I have now and take a chance of getting a phone with more problems than the only one problem I have now.

4. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Retired!
    SE PA
    FWIW, I have the same problems with BlueAnt Q2. With the headset in my ear and the phone on my belt (no case, just a simple holster), the connection is miserable (static, dropouts). I was able to hang onto the call long enough to transfer the call to the DINC2 - good connection. Oddly, the Q2 had been working like a charm until I did a factory reset for another problem (bad current location info). I just managed to talk VZW into a replacement. There go my Angry Bird scores...