• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth share has stopped working - after EVERY text message

D

Deleted User

Hello,

I got the S5 right when it came out. I have a Mercedes ML350 SUV. My old S3 worked fine in my car, but ever since I got the S5, EVERY time I send a text message in my car, I get "Unfortunately, Bluetooth share has stopped working."

Within 5-10 seconds, it automatically reconnects. But it's really annoying to get this pop up message I have to clear every time I send a text in my car and then wait for my Bluetooth to reconnect! Any fixes??

You won't like iy - but get a car that has a Bluetooth setup that works with the S5. There are many different ways to implement something you can sort of legitimately call Bluetooth - not every manufacturer implements everything.

Once upon a time, if you repaired cellphones, you needed about 30 different chargers - each manufacturer had different connectors for different models, and even needed different voltages. (Motorola had a phone that used 4 kind of long AAA cells, so 5 volts wouldn't charge anything.) Now every manufacturer has a microUSB charging port that takes 5 volts.

When MMS came out, you couldn't send a picture from AT&T to Verizon. Now you can send a picture from any phone to any phone.

One day all cars will be compatible with all phones. That day isn't today.

Upvote 0
I believe Rukbat hit it right on the nose.. The OP will need a new car but if he/she waits a month or so I read somewhere that Samsung will be offering a new promotion where if you buy a new S5 you get a free car of your choice that has been tailor made to support the S5 BT.

It is truly is amazing how far we have come this day age with Smart phones.

(Sorry could not resist :))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones