• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Speaker keeps disconnecting

wboshoff91

Lurker
May 23, 2020
Hi all,

Recently I ran into some trouble with the Bluetooth connection on my Galaxy S9.

My Bluetooth speaker keeps randomly disconnecting from the phone and will instantly reconnect after about 5 seconds afterwards, only for the cycle to repeat itself. This happens especially often when the device is in close proximity to my phone.

The problem only started recently and strangely it only affects my speaker as I also have my Galaxy Gear Fit connected which I never have an issue with.

I have tried all that I can think of including re-pairing the devices, clearing my phones Bluetooth cache, resetting all wireless settings and turning off the watch to check if it's interfering at all.

None of the above has worked so far and I'm lost. Your advice on this matter would be highly appreciated.

what speakers do you have? my mom's s9 does not have any issues with bluetooth connectivity. i can connect it with no issues with my jbl extreme 4 speakers.

It's a Tevo Shox Sync.

After some more investigations, I tried connecting to the speaker with a different phone and there were no disconnects or issues whatsoever.

It then occurred to me that the issue first started after updating my S9 to Android 10.

So I performed a full factory reset, wiped the system cache and tried again. To my horror the disconnect issue persists. 😱

What on earth can be causing this problem on my phone?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It's a Tevo Shox Sync.

After some more investigations, I tried connecting to the speaker with a different phone and there were no disconnects or issues whatsoever.

It then occurred to me that the issue first started after updating my S9 to Android 10.

So I performed a full factory reset, wiped the system cache and tried again. To my horror the disconnect issue persists. 😱

What on earth can be causing this problem on my phone?
have you tried any other bluetooth devices on your phone? you may want to try and re-flash the firmware update again. sometimes when you get an update, there is a small chance that you could have a bad download or a bad install. this could result in were bugs like you might be having.

you can get the firmware here:https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/recent/ just make sure that you enter the correct model number and that you download the firmware that corresponds to your phone's model number. just be aware that installing the wrong firmware could soft brick it. (if this happens....all is not lost, you will just need to flash the correct firmware)

if the firmware does not fix it, then it might time to consider it to be a hardware issue.

Upvote 0
yep sammobile is legit.

Installed a brand new version of Android 10 from SM but the issue persists. Tested the speaker again for 3 hours with another phone and no issues.

I think it's time to call this one. It's mind boggling but my S9 just refuses to work properly with my speaker all of a sudden, yet it has no problem with other Bluetooth devices.

This is a sad day as there's clearly nothing wrong the the speaker but somewhere, somehow, by some mysterious magic (or curse), the conection to it is interrupted on this s9.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones