1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Bluetooth stereo headphones. What are you using?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lozer_Kid, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Android Enthusiast
    None

I was trying to buy some wireless headphones for my EVO 3D, and the ones that I bought are wireless but you have to have the device (cellphone, computer, etc) connected to the dock and to the wall for them to work. I wish store reps were more clear when explaining how accessories work. Anyway, I'm looking for something with good (great) sound quality, but I don't want to spend more than $100 on them. These are the ones that I bought at RadioShack and I'm not too impressed even though online reviews seem to be great. They might be wireless, but the fact that the dock has to be connected to the wall and to the device is kind of inconvenient for me... Sony MDR-RF925RK 900 MHz wireless headphones at Crutchfield.com

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    so you are looking for info o WIRELESS headphones and not BLUETOOTH headphones? is this correct?

if so, the evo does not have an antenna designed for 900mhz wireless headphones.. only bluetooth.

3. Lozer_Kid

None

Oh, I thought they would be the same... In that case, any info on some Bluetooth headphones?

marctronixx likes this.
  4. I.B. Pimpin

I.B. Pimpin Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    I have these. LG Bluetooth Stereo Headset HBS-700. Great sound quality and light weight. You can change songs, adjust volume, answer calls,and pause/play songs. Even has bass boost. I got them for 70 bucks on Sprint.com. They are cheaper on newegg.
    Newegg.com - LG Behind-The-Neck Stereo Bluetooth Headset w/ Multipoint/ Music Streaming/ Call Waiting Support (HBS-700)

marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    ^^^ i have the exact same headphones Sprint have them in store. they cost about 70 bux.. or they did when i purchased them back in june.

they are great. i have them paired to the evo 3D and the moto xoom tablet. it can be paired at the same time to both. so the phone calls go through the headphones and i can stream music from the tablet or watch netflix, etc....

6. Lozer_Kid

None

thanks for the info, do you guys know if these headphones are confortable for running?

7. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    i dont run so I cant help you.

when i was researching these, i went to amazon and read their reviews. i recall seeing some discussion on exercising/jogging with these. perhaps take a stroll there to find out?

the battery life is amazing and they are comfortable to me.

8. Lozer_Kid

None

I didn't think of amazon, before. I went there and I found some reviews, it seems like they're good for running/jogging!

I also found this video, pretty funny at the end! xD

Quantum and the HBS700 - YouTube

I'm gonna get them now and return the other ones that I got yesterday. Thanks for your help!

marctronixx likes this.
  9. meme405

meme405 Member
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Id have to reccomend the Sportsband SB2 from jaybird. I have had a couple of different sets and i really do like them. I get tons of compliments on the looks too.

The good part about these for running especially is the fact that jaybird has a sweat resistant policy where if they get damaged due to sweating they will be replaced for no charge.

They also allow you to control music playback, have decent sound out of all the headphones bluetooth or not i have tried. (Not and audiophile headset by any stretch, but they do okay.)

The only complaint i have is compared to my motorola S805's the playback functions are kinda delayed, and the battery life started to degrade from its original awesomeness quite quickly. They do still last 3-4 days of heavy use (about 4 hours of playback a day.)

They come in tons of colours and are about $100.

marctronixx likes this.
  10. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Service Manager for a wireless recycler.
    Dallas, TX
    I have the Motorola S305 and am happy with them. They should also be good for running/jogging but since they are not in ear they might get some sweat on the padded ear piece. I am not a big fan of in ear stuff so the S305 were perfect for me.

marctronixx likes this.
  11. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    Waco, TX
    i use motorola S9 headphones.. and love them. got them off ebay for like 35 bux.

12. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Where is the mic on the unit ? Do people say they hear you clear ??

13. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    Waco, TX
    U can answer calls with it..

marctronixx likes this.
  14. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I have a pair of plantronics 903+'s. Not the most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever worn, but great sound quality and voice quality.

And Don, the mic is in the earpiece. People will hear you fine.

DonB and marctronixx like this.
  15. 3volut1on

3volut1on Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Project Manager
    Phoenix, AZ

Second that on the S9's. Excellent sound quality. The sound will blow you're ear drums out - especially with bass boost. People can't even tell I'm on headphones when talking to them.

marctronixx likes this.
  16. Lozer_Kid

None

Thanks for the recommendations people! I actually ended up getting the LG HBS-700 and I liked this headset, but on the second day, one side's volume was getting low, I thought it was the signal from my phone, so didn't really pay much attention to it, and on the third day, that one side completely went out. Not to say the sound is not the best, however, there's finally an equalizer that you can actually get for free on the Market, while the presets are not the best, if you do it manually, you can manage the app to make the sound great. The downside is that unless you buy the full version, you won't be able to save the sounds that you manually set and you'll have to set the sound manually every single time when you open the app, but what you pay for the app is definitely worth it, which is not even that much lol. Anyway, back to the headset, since the one I received is faulty, I'm gonna have to replace it. I got it from eBay, I hope they don't give me much trouble replacing this product.

marctronixx likes this.
  17. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    the LG headset is nice. if you press the button on the left sie and the same time it will turn on a "bass boost" setting. kinda enhances the overall freq response.

equalizer in the store works well for this.

unfortunate to hear you are having issues with it. i picked one up from a sprint store. ive had it since the evo launched, i throw it in the backpack and use it daily with the xoom more so than anything else.

18. TheSystem

TheSystem Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    Independent photographer, Carpenter
    Maryland
    I also use Plantronics BackBeat 903+, provides up to seven(7) hours of talk time, dual-mic noise cancellation and bass boost.

I usually use mine for jogging and they are quite comfortable.

Work and play.
    [​IMG]

19. Lozer_Kid

None

I'm just going thru my third pair of LG HBS-700. The first ones were used and defective, I got my money back though, the second ones were chewed by my kitten and now I just barely got some new ones. Wish me luck on this new pair! lol

marctronixx likes this.
  20. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    nice!!!

these sets are pretty tough. i broke one of those tiny plastic things that keep the wire on the band. this is not a fault of the set, i just abuse these suckers.

i throw them in my bookbag, along with my other stuff in there and they get tangled up in things but they have been rocking along ever since june.

ill have them around my neck and throw the backpack over my shoulder. it will rest on top of the set.. ill wash the car with these jokers, when im on set using other headsets i would have these on... sometimes im on stage with lots of spurious RF and BT devices and these things will rock.. definitely recommend...

21. alsoran

alsoran Member
    None

Aug 24, 2010
    Male
    Albuquerque
    marctronixx likes this.
  22. MobileES

MobileES Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Female
    In the Studio
    I've been thinking about the Motorola S10-HD units, a friend has them for his Samsung android phone and loves them. I think they retail for $69.......

Motorola S10-HD Wireless Bluetooth

marctronixx likes this.
  23. Lozer_Kid

None

24. Golfdood

Golfdood Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    I've been running with my Jaybird Freedoms for about 3 months now 1-2 hours daily, and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

They come with 6 different ear buds, and 3 sizes of their "secure fit" shark fins that rest in the external part of your ear preventing the ear bud from slipping from the ear (canal) even with lots of sweat and the occasional rain.

I've previously used the 903+ Backbeats, but just never got them to fit and stay correctly although my daughter has now claimed ownership and loves them.

marctronixx likes this.
  25. Crissa

Crissa Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2012
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I have a new Evo 3D and my old Jabra BT 620s headphones. They work when connected to an old Samsung Moment, or my MacBook, so I'm sure it's not the headphones.

The Evo can connect to them as a headset, but if I deselect 'phone audio' the bluetooth just disconnects. No amount of resetting the headphones and rebooting the phone seems to help.

This is devastating, honestly... I was hoping that I finally would have one phone that did everything without a bug. I love these headphones... I use them all the time.

-Crissa

Tags: