1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth stereo is driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rogermorse, Mar 23, 2011.

1. rogermorse

rogermorse Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Hello, this is my first post. The last beach until the madness. I registered here hoping that maybe could give me an answer. I'll just copy below the post i wrote on XDA developers where i didn't receive any reply yet. I googled a lot, I noticed that A2DP bluetooth has lags everywhere...somehow on the iphone they just switch to airplane mode and everything goes back fine....what should we do on android? Walk backwards?
    I tried everything and it is crazy that, after years, there still is this problem almost on every device with every stereo bluetooth headset.

I have a Desire HD with android 2.2.1.

Last year I had a HTC Touch HD with windows mobile. I bought a chinese copy of the jabra bt3030. The sound was out of sync with any video I could play. I didn't try with other phones, anyway I didn't spend that much for the headset, so I just sold it on ebay....thinking that that's why people don't buy chinese copies. OR maybe it was a problem of the transmitter of the Touch HD...so I didn't buy anything else and stayed with the normal wired earphones instead of having another stereo bluetooth headset.

NOW

I have the Desire HD, and bought THE ORIGINAL jabra BT3030. EXACTLY the same problem: youtube, trailers from MDB, .avi TV-rips played with rockplayer ---- EVERYTHING has this horrible out-of-sync audio which makes it impossible to watch even 5 second of a video without getting crazy.

I mean is that a problem of every stereo headset? IS that too much information to be sent to the headset? What can I do to make the sound sync with the video?

I have a stock rom.

Does anyone have this kind of problem? With which phone? With which headset? Is there any support forum for the Jabra BT3030 (it is the dog-tag one) ?

Advertisement

2. arlrb

arlrb Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Hi
    The dhd has poor bt, disappointing I know.
    A lack of bt device support too... on 2.2 & 2.2.1.
    I am running a flashed rom of 2.3 on my dhd and it's significantly better. So if that's anything to go by the ota 2.3 will be too... whenever that may be.

When I did have 2.2 & 2.2.1...
    I use motorola bt s505 headphones & a simple earpiece for the car.
    They both connected fine, albeit intermittently (when trying to connect; ok once connected)

Even though they're paired to the phone, they didn't always connect to each other automatically when switched on.
    Usually going into settings & manually restarting them works, & with the bt headphones I have to restart the media side of it sometimes too (as opposed to just calls).

However, I don't get any sound lag.
    I did, but found this was down to the player I used, yet I see you use rockplayer which is what worked for me (stock player was bad).
    I use Vplayer too.
    I use power amp for music (has eq).
    The stock player works fine for youtube and the like.

I have a nokia car kit & bt keyboard too which it wouldn't even pair (got as far as pin).
    Typing on it now.

Anyway, so far so good, everything connects automatically once paired, so either root or be patient.

Ps - goto a shop and try a different model/make