1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth suddenly appeared

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nightmyst, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Nightmyst

Nightmyst Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    Being confused
    The other day I went to the movies and silenced my phone as I entered the theatre. After the movie I turned the ringer back on as I was walking to the car and noticed a Bluetooth folder had appeared on my home screen. I do not use Bluetooth and did not even know my phone had that. If I click on the folder it says "Bluetooth received" but nothing is in the folder.

Strange.

I noticed the next day if I googled something on my phone, it listed everything based on Duluth, Georgia instead of where I live. I don't even live in Georgia. I checked my menu>settings>wireless & networks and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 3G Mobile Hotspot are all deactivated.

What is going on with my phone? It worries me to think of my phone secretly connecting to random person I pass by without my knowledge or consent.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    I wouldn't worry about it. No one can connect to the Bluetooth on your phone without first having it turned on and then matching pins have to be entered on both devices.

If you look in the Bluetooth settings you will see a history of all paired devices also.