• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Bluetooth support on android on custom board

shankarvel

Lurker
Jul 21, 2009
Hi All,
I wanted to know the current status for bluetooth support on android.

I am working with the android port available for beagle board. Following are my observations:

1. The bluetooth dongle is connected to the beagle board.
2. By default, the Android 'Setting' app doesnt make bluetooth on. So now trying the below stuff in command prompt and confirm the bluetooth hardware communication.
2. Built the kernel by disabling ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK and enabling bluetooth support. Also bydefault, the bluetoth ,modules doesnt get inserted so has to be inserted after android boots up.
3. Able to pair a bluetooth headset device using hcid and hcitool commands.
4. Then tried testing the playback using alsa_aplay command. Got the following error:

ALSA lib external/alsa-lib/src/pcm/pcm.c:2161:(snd_pcm_open_conf)
Cannot open shared library /system/usr/lib/alsa-lib/
libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so
aplay: main:590: audio open error: No such file or directory

When further investigated "libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so" (shared
library) is not generated by the android build at all. This file gets
generated from the folder extrenal/bluez/utils/audio folder.

I would like to add this to android build system in external/bluez/
utils/audio/Android.mk.

Please help/teach me in doing so of configuring the android make file
for this shared library since i am new to android makefile configuration .

Questions:

1. Is it necessary for me to build the library "libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so" ?
I assume the files in hardware/alsa_sound is used for bluetooth audio streaming. Please help me with correct info and any thoughts on this issue.

Thanks and regards,
Velu

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones