1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root Bluetooth tether on Mac OSX with CM7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gushags, Sep 26, 2011.

1. gushags

gushags Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I didn't find much information on doing this, so now that I got bluetooth tethering working on Tickerguy's and Isaac's CM7 build (9/25), I thought I'd quickly run through the steps for tethering your triumph to Mac OSX Lion. Thanks to Ticker for getting it working in this latest build.

(If for some reason the following steps don't work, you should have both your mac and the MT forget the devices. For the mac, just hit the (-) sign in the Bluetooth preference pane. On the MT, unpair the mac, and then reboot. That should clear it and you can try again.)

1. Make both the phone and mac discoverable. On the mac, bluetooth is in the systems preferences. I clicked "Show bluetooth status in the menu bar" because it's easy to run everything from there. From the bluetooth menu bar on the mac, select Set Up Bluetooth Device. The triumph should be recognized. Select it and hit Continue.

2. A code will appear on the screen and on your Triumph. Confirm the pairing from your phone.

3. Connect the mac to your phone. Go to the bluetooth symbol in your status bar. Pull down to the devices and select Triumph > Connect to Network. It won't connect yet, but CM7 will show the bluetooth tethering symbol.

4. Go to Network Preferences. Click on the

Advertisement

tusing likes this.
  2. RWerksman

RWerksman Newbie
    None

May 7, 2011
    It appears that Lion automatically did 4 & 5 for me. Tethering absolutely works, BTW.

If only I could get it to work with my $100 Touchpad. :(

3. gushags

gushags Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Mine was more of a problem. DHCP didn't assign automatically and then once I did get it to assign I'd already tried to use it so I think something was being remembered. So I had to forget both devices and start over. But then it worked and continues to work great.

4. tusing

tusing Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    THANKS SO MUCH! I was looking all over for this place! Someone sticky this or something!

Edit: Mac OSX 10.7 Lion does steps 4 and 5 automagically on my Macbook Pro, too.

5. gushags

gushags Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Maybe I had to do 4 and 5 because I messed it up initially. Well, if it doesn't do it automagically, renew the DHCP lease and then it will. :eek:

6. Bob Enyart

Bob Enyart Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Is this thread in English? Because if it is, I've got to go back to school.