• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth troubles

Varzac

Lurker
Feb 27, 2020
Hello.
I have a huawei p20 pro and have been using for the past year.
I use a pair of JBL E500BT Bluetooth headphones that I use all the time. I can't live without them.
However, about two days ago they wouldn't connect to my phone. The headphones work flawlessly with other devices. I use them with my laptop. But they still won't connect to my phone. I tried restarting both devices but it won't work.
Any ideas?
Thanks
//Varzac

Hello.
I have a huawei p20 pro and have been using for the past year.
I use a pair of JBL E500BT Bluetooth headphones that I use all the time. I can't live without them.
However, about two days ago they wouldn't connect to my phone. The headphones work flawlessly with other devices. I use them with my laptop. But they still won't connect to my phone. I tried restarting both devices but it won't work.
Any ideas?
Thanks
//Varzac

My thought is that this feels like a driver software type issue with your phone. That's the good version. The bad version is that the Bluetooth hardware is broken. So, I'd ask if you if ANYTHING will pair with your phone's bluetooth? Either way, I'd do a hard reset on your phone. If it works, it was a software issue. If not? You have a hardware issue, in my opinion. Let's see what the other folks, who are smarter than I am, say! Good luck!

Steven

Upvote 0
Sometimes those Bluetooth devices trip when ever you connect more than one receiver at the same time..what you have to do is..first reset everything on those JBL..then make sure to forget the connection with the JBL in each one of the other devices you have pair with them..then start a fresh new connection with your phone and the JBL..once you've done this..you can't establish a new connection with any other device other than your phone

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Well since those headphones have been working out fine, you've using them repeatedly for quite a while, that would rule out some kind of software-based incompatibility issue. It does sound (bad pun intended) more like some kind of glitch occurred a couple of days ago. Can you recall if anything significant happened around the time this problem started?
Try going into your phone's Settings menu and just turn off Bluetooth, and then restart your phone. Now try resetting your headphones -- with JBL it's apparently a matter of turning them off, hold down the Power button for 5 seconds, and that should be it.
https://www.headphonesaholic.com/how-to-reset-bluetooth-headphones/
Now turn Bluetooth back on in your phone and see if pairing up your headphones works out better or not.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones