1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bluetooth Voice Dial Unlocks Phone?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by webman2k, Jul 26, 2011.

1. webman2k

webman2k New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hello All,

I recently got a new Optimus V, and I love it - what a great value. I've been tinkering here and there, and all in all a very positive experience. However, I just noticed something today that's annoying as hell.

I keep my phone screen-locked in my pocket throughout the day. When I'm in the car, I use the built in voice dialer through my Bluetooth headset (which works, by the way, amazingly well). What I noticed, was that as soon as it starts dialing the number, it unlocks the screen! This should not behave this way. If the screen locks, it should not unlock unless I do it.

I've found out that strange things happen while it's unlocked, of course. I confirmed that it does this by watching it as I'm using Bluetooth.

I've also found, on some occasions, that I'll take my phone out f my pocket, unlock it, and find that it was trying to send a weird text message, or go to a weird site made of letters and numbers. I can only assume that it's related to using the bluetooth headset in some way, but it's inconsistent.

I'm new to Android, so I can't be sure if this is an Optimus thing, a Froyo thing, or a mix of both. Can anyone help? Otherwise the phone operates perfectly.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Mark

Advertisement

2. koopakid08

koopakid08 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Behind you
    I have never used bluetooth with my phone but what I'm thinking is that when you make a call the OV has to be unlocked for some reason, if it is something to do with android itself or just your phone I do not know. Hopefully someone that has more experience with bluetooth will be able to explain.

Tags: