1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth volume too loud on lowest settings since upgrade Alpha 850 5.0.2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Mrb455, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Mrb455

Mrb455 Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    Call volume is WAY too loud on Bluetooth and no way to lower it, the settings are already at lowest point before vibrate. Others have this issue with 6.0.1 but I have it with lollipop 5.0.2. Tried everything I could research, also tried volume control apps, nothing works. I am getting ready to look for a different system if no solution can be found.
    SM-G850A
    Version 5.0.2
    Kernel 3.4.0-4486597
    Build LRX22G.G850AUCU1BOC7

Advertisement

2. takbb

takbb Lurker
    None

Friday
    I know this is an old post but you might find this useful, and others may stumble upon this too.

I had similar problem with a galaxy s7 edge and ep650 headphones. I found I could "calibrate" the volume scale on the phone as long as the headphones have their own physical volume control. I have tried this now with two other Bluetooth headsets (Anker soundbuds slim+, and some cheap non-brand I picked up in a supermarket ) and it worked in each case...

I assume to start with that you already have your headphones paired to your phone.

If headphones are too loud... Unpair headphones. Turn volume control up to maybe quarter way on phone.

Now pair headphones again.

(this unpairing/repairing step might not be necessary, but I've included it for good measure as it worked for me )

Ok so you now have phone bluetooth on, bluetooth headphones on and paired. Ready to go calibrate..

Play music..

If headphones are too loud.. Turn volume DOWN using physical control on headphones one level. At same time (eg using one hand to control phone and other hand to control headset ) turn volume UP on phone by one level. Repeat procedure and you should find overall volume output from headset is reducing. When it is acceptable, discontinue this procedure. Now just adjust volume on phone and see if you can now get it quieter still. It should work.

If you have opposite problem of headset too quiet, do the same but this time turn volume UP on headset as you turn it DOWN on phone.

After this, just adjust volume using the phone. If you adjust using controls on the headphone and on the phone at different times you could find that over time it gets out of step again But now you know the controls are independent, just recalibrate (you won't need to do the unpair/repair bit). . Turning up on one and simultaneously down on the other

Hope that helps
    Tak.