1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Bluetooth Weirdness

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by esimpson1, Feb 18, 2011.

1. esimpson1

esimpson1 Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Hello! I've finally troubleshot this and can now accurately describe the problem I'm having...

I can successful pair my android devices (I have several... Evo, Droid 2 Global, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak 7) to my Kenwood aftermarket stereo.

If I DON'T allow the transfer of my contacts, all audio is fine. I can play music, Google Navigation comes through just fine, I can take/make phone calls, etc.

If I DO allow the transfer of my contacts, the audio from the music player (I have several apps, they all have the same issue) is choppy, breaks up -- and not a little bit -- it's immediately noticeable and consistent. You really get about a second of audio, a second of silence, a second of audio, etc.

I confirmed this on all devices -- When I unpaired and re-paired them, and did NOT allow the transfer of my contacts, all audio apps worked perfectly fine. As soon as I allowed it, even after the download of my contacts was complete -- audio was horrible again.

I'm not really understanding why simply transferring my contacts would cause this problem. I might understand it if the audio was choppy while the download was happening, but -- it continues regardless of how long after the download is complete.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Try turning off things like Background data or Auto-syncing?

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Given that you've seen this problem on multiple devices by multiple manufacturers, the problem is likely with a glitch in the Kenwood. Have you contacted their customer support to report this issue?