1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth won't connect after latest Android update

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ChihuahuaMom, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ChihuahuaMom

ChihuahuaMom Lurker

I can't get Bluetooth to connect to my earbuds. It pairs, but doesn't connect. I cleared the Bluetooth cache and restarted. This problem started after the latest Android update a few days ago. Can't connect to my PC, either.

Phone is a ZTE Z557BL
    Android Version 7.1.1
    Bluetooth will no longer connect
    Phone is not rooted

Md Khaled Shuvo likes this.
  2. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I'm assuming that update possibly changed some things in the device, like its Identification properties. Might need to delete the BT from settings, factory reset the actual Bluetooth device itself, then try to reconnect..

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. BicyclingBob

BicyclingBob Lurker

Mine is doing the same thing. Nothing will connect.

4. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :)

Have you tried the suggestions @bcrichster posted? If not, please do, and then let us know if the problem persists.

5. It might be changes in setting with latest update of Android.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. BicyclingBob

BicyclingBob Lurker

I cleared Bluetooth share. Data and cache. Cleared midi Bluetooth. Network reset thing and factory data reset. Nothing worked. Also reset headphones. 2 different sets. Headphones do work with another device. Don't know what else to try. I have simple mobile and z557bl phone.

7. tsunyday

tsunyday Lurker

same issue. I did everything bicyclingbob did to try to fix same phone. does not connect to anything. was working fine until last update.

8. tsunyday

tsunyday Lurker

did you get your Bluetooth working yet? I have same phone and same issue. have done all you did but still no Bluetooth.

9. tealmoon19

tealmoon19 Lurker

I am having the same issue with the same phone with the last update, but mine won't connect to the Bluetooth in my car for making calls. Tried doing all those things and nothing worked. I am still waiting it out to see if get an update. My phone takes forever for updates. Hoping an update soon. I keep trying to connect periodically but same issues.

Md Khaled Shuvo likes this.
  10. Restart Your Phone and the Device. Reset all settings of Bluetooth like deleting all paired devices, reset name, clear cache and storage data. I think it will help you.