• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth won't connect when on active call.

baj1

Lurker
Mar 8, 2014
Greetings,

I just upgraded from an S2 to an S5 last week. A lot has changed but I'm getting use to it.

One problem I'm having is with my Motorola H17 Bluetooth headset. It's paired and connects fine when I do not have an active call, but if I try to connect it when a call is already active, it fails to connect. The S5 and H17 do try as the audio is turned off from the phone, but it never transfers to the headset (mic or speaker). I did this all the time with my H17 and my old S2 with no issues.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Brad

Greetings,

I just upgraded from an S2 to an S5 last week. A lot has changed but I'm getting use to it.

One problem I'm having is with my Motorola H17 Bluetooth headset. It's paired and connects fine when I do not have an active call, but if I try to connect it when a call is already active, it fails to connect. The S5 and H17 do try as the audio is turned off from the phone, but it never transfers to the headset (mic or speaker). I did this all the time with my H17 and my old S2 with no issues.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Brad

I am thinking, maybe due to the many upgrades on S5 maybe there's a compatability issue. Maybe get another bluetooth headset and sell the old one, or maybe just do some trials with different headsets from your friends or at a store. Its probably a compatibilty issue.

Upvote 0
I have two BT headsets, one is a Blue Parrott trucker's headset, and the other is a Plantronics earbud style.

Both will connect and transfer audio to the BT device while call in progress.

I'm, guessing your BT device has a compatibility issue.

Try to pair up with a friends BT headset and try that out, see if the problem always occurrs or is just your one device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones