• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bluetooth won't start

T-Keith

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
I noticed today my bluetooth wont start. I've run into this before, but I don't know how I fixed it. Using switchpro, cyanogenmod pull down or settings, bluetooth won't turn on. It says updating bluetooth settings, but then never turns on. Has anyone run into this?

Rooted Eris, with Nonsensikal.

-Keith

Reactions: bbqdays
If you have any remembered devices under the BT settings, delete them and see if it helps.

If that doesn't work go into menu > settings > applications > manage applications > all
Then 'clear data' under Bluetooth Share.

I'm using Nonsensikal and the BT works fine (use it nearly every day), so I'm sure it's not a problem with the ROM itself.

Reactions: bbqdays
Upvote 0
I just bought an expensive pair of bluetooth earbuds. Went to connect them to my Verizon Android Eris for the first time, and the checkbox to enable bluetooth wouldn't work! I thought I would have to return my headset, until I came across something of a solution here. Thanks much to IzelTokatl for hinting that a reboot would work, because that did work! First I tried mhotovec's recommendation of clearing data, and thank you for the idea but that didn't work. I wish it would have, because although rebooting did work, it doesn't sound like a solid long-term "fix." At any rate, this bluetooth wireless headset thing is awesome! Hoping to eliminate stress at work with some unobtrusive music. This may also pay benefits with hands-free telephone calls, hadn't thought of it in that light. Thanks all for posting to this topic! -bbq

Upvote 0
Droid Bionic with Cyanogen 10.1 RC1.

I had the same issue with Bluetooth not turning on. Rebooting or pulling the battery don't work for me.

My phone would completely lock up when connected to my car stereo over bluetooth. I'd be listening to a podcast on stitcher radio and the phone would freeze about 20 minutes into listening. I'd pull the battery and reboot. After this, bluetooth wouldn't work. Nothing I did except restore from a safestrap backup worked. I did this cycle several times. I'd restore from a backup, and then it would lock up the phone. I'd reboot and bluetooth was permanently off and then I'd restore from the backup again.

UNTIL I installed Cyanogenmod 10.1 RC2. Now its working. It remains to be seen if it will lock up again when connected to bluetooth. I will find out tomorrow during my commute to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones