1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alty68, Jul 13, 2013.

1. alty68

alty68 New Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Male
    Evergreen CO
    I know this topic comes up a lot, but I can't seem to find my particular problem, or how to resolve it.

I have a 2011 Subaru outback that came equipped with*BT. I used to have a Motorola Droid that connected to my*BT*flawlessly. This is not the case with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

When I set up the*BT*in the car to pair with the phone all goes well and the phone pairs and connects to the car's*BT. However, when I turn the*BT*off on my phone the problem starts. When I then turn the phone's*BT*back on it says it is paired with the car's*BT*but it isn't connected. When I touch the*BT*"carmedia" tab on the phone it says "connecting..." but it does not connect. If I unpair the "carmedia" from the phone and go through the whole set up again (from the car- choosing "pair phone") then everything works fine. But the minute I turn off the*BT*from the phone then I can't get BT*connected unless I go through the whole pairing process from the beginning.
    I have deleted all phones from my car's*BT*memory- this seemed to reset my car's*BT*to the first time I turned it on (the car will say "welcome to blue tooth..."). This did not resolve the problem.
    Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated. I like the ability to turn my*BT*on and off on my phone when I want.
    If this helps my phone is a wireless hotspot. But I have unchecked the box that says only pair to visible devices. And I am not using the wifi feature.*
    Alty

Advertisement