• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blurry Images (no root)

IDCAA

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
Hello there, first time posting. Hoping I can get some help with this very frustraiting images issue.

I have an unlocked T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II which I al using on the mobilicity network in Toronto Canada. All images that aren't in an app are blurry and pixelated. Images in the default and 3rd party browers, contacts and text mms messages are all screwy. Once a google image search is done, and the images are loading, for the 1st second of them appearing, they will be crystal clear...but then, they seem to adjust themselves and go completely pixelated and blurry. If you open the image it appears just as screwed up enlarged. I feel as if it's an OS issue because it will load fine, then change.

Text message images. When someone wends me an image, not only is it small and nothing like the dimensions of the original picture, it gets placed into a ui similar to a video file. When you open it...the image is a 10 second long, still pixelated image, with a damn slider? No clue why.

Contacts like those from facebook and such, their images are pixelated/blurry.

If anyone knows of any possible way to fix the issues, it would be greatly appreciated. I understand Mobilicity has a Note II varient that is very similar to T-Mobiles, but without these issues. Due to critical time restraints, and the inability to wait for Mobilicity's incompetance in getting me a new handset, I purchased the unlocked version from T-Mobile elsewhere. I had a Mobilicity hand set, but the screen had a..what appeared to be a manifacturing fault on the screen (darkened deae looking pixels, but still worked fine?) Returned it, they wouldn't have been able to get a new one for nearly a week; I needed my phone for work and school.

Thanks in advance. If there are any questions needed about my network, hand set, or the like, please leave a post.

Upvote 0
I think that's just how google image works on mobile. Mine does the same thing. When you click an image, you get the option of downloading full image on the top right just under the banner.

Contacts pic from facebook are blurry because they are low resolution. I have some that are blurry and some that are not. Most are blurry because the user let facebook adjust the size instead of doing it themselves. Not much you can do there.

As for the MMS pics, it is the stock Message app. Again not much you can do other than to change app. I use Go SMS Pro.

Reactions: IDCAA
Upvote 0
Thanks, yeah It does appear to be an issue with the mobile mode, and ultimately the whole tmobile os version. I switched to desktop mode, and I can at least bypass the crappy images and the bad dowloaded versions of them. I just hope they can fix this?

The other big issues is the same with my picture texts. Blurry and small. I know for a fact my carrier doesn't have any ridiculous limits. I had a Note 2 from them before and had tested texts, and everything was crystal clear. I wonder if rooting would get rid of any limitation tmobile put on the phone, causing such goofieness?

Upvote 0
The other big issues is the same with my picture texts. Blurry and small. I know for a fact my carrier doesn't have any ridiculous limits. I had a Note 2 from them before and had tested texts, and everything was crystal clear. I wonder if rooting would get rid of any limitation tmobile put on the phone, causing such goofieness?

The limitation is placed on the "customized" Message app. Try to see if you can change it. On AT&T you can change it, but Verizon locked it. Not sure about T-mobile. It is under the Message menu -> Settings -> Creation mode. See if you can change it to "Free".

Upvote 0
The limitation is placed on the "customized" Message app. Try to see if you can change it. On AT&T you can change it, but Verizon locked it. Not sure about T-mobile. It is under the Message menu -> Settings -> Creation mode. See if you can change it to "Free".

I've looked up the setting, and there are three options, 'restricted', 'warning' and 'free'. The setting is set to free. I don't remember ever messing with it.

Upvote 0
Free should be the best. Not sure what else you could do with the stock message app. I switched to Go SMS Pro long time ago and never looked back.

As for the Facebook contact photos, yes they are really bad. I just went thru my friends and families facebook profile photos and manually set them as my contact pictures. It is actually better that way (if you don't have like 1000 friends) since some of them kept changing profile pictures every week and sometime those are not even pictures of themselves. It seems strange to be calling "a flag", "a picture of Lady Gaga", or whatever it could be.

Reactions: IDCAA
Upvote 0
Free should be the best. Not sure what else you could do with the stock message app. I switched to Go SMS Pro long time ago and never looked back.

As for the Facebook contact photos, yes they are really bad. I just went thru my friends and families facebook profile photos and manually set them as my contact pictures. It is actually better that way (if you don't have like 1000 friends) since some of them kept changing profile pictures every week and sometime those are not even pictures of themselves. It seems strange to be calling "a flag", "a picture of Lady Gaga", or whatever it could be.

Luckily, I've no such friends, lol. Well, I guess it's just a bad version build from Tmobile. Hopefully one day they can fix all this. Thank you bud, for all your help up until now.

ほんとにありがとうございます。

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones