1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blurry Incoming Call Pictures from Facebook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ducky11, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Ducky11

Ducky11 Lurker

Hi All,

I am using a HTC Desire HD with Android 2.3.5 & am having an issue with the incoming call picture.

I have linked all my contacts to include their email addresses (from my gmail account), phone numbers, Whatsapp & Facebook & set it so that the picture which appears when a contact calls me is their Facebook profile picture. This updates as & when they change their profile pictures, but the quality is really blurry when I get an incoming call. Is there a quick fix for this?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ducky11

Ducky11 Lurker

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Depends on how you synced facebook. If you sync with the app, its blurry, but if you sync to the website its not. Samsung gives the option for either. No idea about HTC,

4. Ducky11

Ducky11 Lurker

Can any HTC Desire HD users ellaborate on the above point please?
    Cheers

5. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Hi :)

I never came across this problem with my DHD, but i'm sure someone will know the solution. I'll move this over to the Desire HD Support forum

6. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Its something to do with the compression and file type that HTC converts to as opposed to the native size stored on facebook.

There was a thread on here somewhere a while back explaining it all.

7. Ducky11

Ducky11 Lurker

Thanks for the responses. I can't find a thread which relates to my exact problem. Anyone has a resolution?

8. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Sorry... I meant to look for the for you last night but was cughing bits of my lungs up... I'll have a quick look for you! :)

9. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

I've not been able to find the thread in the DHD section, so have been looking elsewhere on the interwebz... I will post stuff as I find it, if you could let me know if anty of these work...

Blurry Images of Facebook in Contact Widget - xda-developers - realize that this is for the Sensation, but should work for the DHD!

10. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

11. Ducky11

Ducky11 Lurker

Thanks for all the posts DURX. Appreciate the help, but unfortunately none seem to solve the problem for DHD. I don't have the option to apply the changes specified in those threads on the DHD. I think its an ongoing issue with Android & hopefully one that they will sort out soon.
    Thank you again for all the help!

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews