1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

blurry mms pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by donas, Nov 1, 2014.

1. donas

donas Well-Known Member

I'm assuming there is a setting for this somewhere, but I can't find it. All the pictures I send via text appear blurry. It does not matter whether it is an actual picture or a screen shot. I can send them via email and they send and receive clear. I have tried stock texting app and handcent, with the same results on each. The picture appears clear in the gallery but blurry on my end and receiving end of the text.

thanks for the help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ca_lvn

Ca_lvn Newbie

Im having this problem with videos the note converts the size to send via text then the quality is so poor you cant watch them.

Note sure if this is happening with pics for me too.

3. donas

donas Well-Known Member

can you try sending yourself a pic? I'm curious

....no one else with this issue?

Ok, I have talked to Samsung via live chat, they claim that blurry mms is "normal and expected" even though it hasn't been an issue with past notes. I tried lowering picture quality and the problem got worse not better.

I am wondering if I have a faulty device. Can I please get some input form others so I can see if it is the norm. The best test, just send a screen shot of a random internet page to yourself and see if the text is blurry.

4. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast

The note takes pics at up too 3 to 4 mb a picture but through text messages they get downgraded to 200-300kb or so, so of course quality is going to suffer...the only way to send pics without quality lose is to email through gmail and they will get the full pic in all its 16mp glory

5. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Android Enthusiast

I've noticed this too. He's right saying the only way to keep the full resolution is to email. Mms will compress the photo but it shouldn't make it blurry.

6. donas

donas Well-Known Member

Yea, I understand the compression thing but what is confusing me is this was not an issue with my Note 2 or 3. I have also tried taking lower resolution pictures, thinking it would require less compression, but they actually are worse in mms form.

I'm wondering if possibly I have a defective device, gonna swing by Best Buy tomorrow.

7. gemmydn

gemmydn Member

Mine come out fine

8. patterson13

patterson13 Lurker

I'm having the same issue. It's rather irritating that I can't text clear pictures. If anyone has a solution please post!

9. patterson13

patterson13 Lurker

Do they really? I'm wondering if my phone is faulty...

10. Ca_lvn

Ca_lvn Newbie

No problem with pics ,but sending or recieving video is terrable. Any one else for video issues here.
    On the I Phone it always gave you options for compression with pics when sending I always choise full size.

Recording and play back of vids is great its just the mms side of things

11. Madmax24

Madmax24 Lurker

I had the same problem and took my phone back to Verizon, to see if there was a setting that I was overlooking. It turned out to be a bad camera. They exchanged my phone, with no charge.

Another thing to look for. I know it might sound silly, but originally, I forgot to peel off the little plastic covering over the rear lens. It improved the quality somewhat, but the photos were still very blurry. The salesperson at VZN spotted the problem immediately. The rear lens, looked like it had a tiny, white, plastic/ceramic square partially covering the lens. This prevented the camera from focusing. Apparently, he had seen the problem before. He showed me the difference, on his personal phone. Look at the rear lens and see if you can see any portion of a white square that may be obstructing the lens.

12. Ca_lvn

Ca_lvn Newbie

Pictures are great its only in MMS that there is a problem.

13. donas

donas Well-Known Member

I got a little bit of a run around, but Best Buy has agreed to replace the phone with a new one....unfortunately they don't have any in stock. I had one particular screen shot that I could duplicate the issue to the most extreme level every time, the Verizon store was dumbfounded. I guess my issue is as resolved as it's gonna get. Thanks for the input everyone.

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews