1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blurry Pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tipopilota, Dec 27, 2012.

1. tipopilota

tipopilota Member

I recently got my Note 2 and am not impressed with the camera picture taking abilities what so ever for indoor shots. When trying to take pics indoors they are coming out blurry and have to take multiple pics to hopefully get a good one. I came from an iphone and no matter the setting my pictures were always good. Is there something I am doing wrong? I know this is a phone and not a camera, but this is very annoying.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast

Turn your ISO speed up. Instead of Auto, try ISO 400 or 800.
    You might try turning Anti-Shake on as well.

3. tipopilota

tipopilota Member

Thanks I will give that a try.

4. casarosa

casarosa Android Enthusiast

Good advice NSA Sailor........ mine takes super photos also make sure the lens is clean a fingerprint smudge can easily be overlooked

5. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

Haven't messed with it much, but if you tap on the screen you can choose an item on which to focus. Photos that I took were often focusing on items in the background. I just had to tap on a face or on an object of interest to get the images to focus properly. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I just need to change, but I haven't bothered to look, yet. I know next to nothing about photography.

6. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Member

Mine takes crappy photos, unlike my old Droid Charge which took great ones. Not sure what to do here; the anti-shake setting is grayed out.

7. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast

it's grayed out if certain options are chosen. from what I can gather, anti-shake isn't the same as Image Stabilization.

8. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Member

It was grayed out for me when all the camera settings were default (no changes from brand new phone).

9. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast

go to settings and hit "Reset" in the camera app. then tell me if you can now choose anti-shake (be sure to set Storage to Memory card if that's what you want, following the Reset)

MaxBuck likes this.
  10. Chile

Chile Lurker

I resolved blurry pictures by going into "Applications" and selecting "Settings", then selecting "Accessibility", and finally, unchecking "Negative colours".

11. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I haven't seen anyone recommend cleaning the lens. :D

I finger mine up all the time.

12. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Actually, post #4. :D;)

But good thinking.

I'm using Photoblur on the new Google Camera app and it's great on my Note2. I need to experiment more but for an amateur photographer, I did alright

colchiro likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews