• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blutooth Profile Management

chipsto

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
After reading through a few posts here and googling for most of this evening it seems there is a real lack of support for this. It would be great if there was an app available that meant I could reroute sounds from certain applications through the bluetooth profile of my choosing.

For instance, loads of people, including me, want their navigation voice to be sent over HFP to their car stereo so that the radio/cd/mp3 is interrupted for a navigation instruction. But it seems all the navigation application available send their audio over A2DP, meaning that you have to have your car stereo set constantly to that source to hear the navigation.

An app toallow the choice between HFP or A2DP would be great. Or even an app that routed all system sounds through HFP.

Easy? I haven't a clue :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones