• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I first want to say that this case is great. I've always liked silicone cases but hated the fact that it was very difficult to slip into the pocket. With this case it is hard rubber with a nice plastic feel on the back with a slick diagonal line design on the back which gives it a nice feel in the hand.

The only problem that I have with it is a slight bump on the bottom of the case near the microphone hole. I'm not sure if this is normal and wanted to know if anybody else has this on their case. I just don't want this to become a problem and catch on to anything in my pant pocket like a stray string or something lol. It was the only case left in stock and if this isn't normal I might just have to wait until they get more in stock to exchange it...

picture010small.jpg

Damn, you people are finicky lol. I'd just cut it down with a razor blade. So does this thing cheapen the look at all? Does it give the phone a much safer feeling? Like if it was in your pocket and you bumped into a wall, you'd feel a lot better reaching in your pocket than if it had been naked? Does it make the phone noticeably heavier?

I'm trying to decide between a cover or a case. Hope my questions weren't too annoying =P

Upvote 0
Damn, you people are finicky lol. I'd just cut it down with a razor blade. So does this thing cheapen the look at all? Does it give the phone a much safer feeling? Like if it was in your pocket and you bumped into a wall, you'd feel a lot better reaching in your pocket than if it had been naked? Does it make the phone noticeably heavier?

I'm trying to decide between a cover or a case. Hope my questions weren't too annoying =P

I personally like the look of the case and other people like the look and feel of it as well. It doesn't add too much weight and makes the phone only slightly larger. Once you take it off you do remember how thin it is though. :cool:

Could you post some more pictures of the case? Thinking of picking this up online...

Here is a post that "Dennis_Bham" made with some pictures:

http://androidforums.com/1179886-post20.html

940146523_h3MJK-L.jpg

940146499_rFLfG-L.jpg

Upvote 0
I have noticed when I cover the entire backplate with my hand that I lose some bars...Havent had an issue with call quality, but I find this disturbing, if you had this issue before, does putting the body glove on it get rid of that issue?

I'm considering going with an allover case this time around instead of my normal use of a side holster.

Upvote 0
I have noticed when I cover the entire backplate with my hand that I lose some bars...Havent had an issue with call quality, but I find this disturbing, if you had this issue before, does putting the body glove on it get rid of that issue?

I'm considering going with an allover case this time around instead of my normal use of a side holster.

You'll also notice if you lie on top of your phone it'll lower the signal too. :p The bodyglove will not hurt the signal strength any. It's just like the old days of TV rabbit ear antennas. Remember them? Maybe your grandma had them. If you walk in front of them, the tv signal sometimes got fuzzy. It's all radio waves and yes any part of your body can reduce the signal. NORMALLY it's not enough to drop a call or worry about. If you're that worried, go back to a landline phone :)

Upvote 0
I think the case looks fine. Its personal pref of course.

It keeps the same general look of the phone. It adds maybe a 1/4 inch around
the phone, so most cases will likely fit it just fine.

I used a similar case for my IPhone 3G for roughly 15 months, before I
picked up an Otterbox for it. After 18 total months of heavy use, the 3G looks mint.

Made me a believer..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones