• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boggling Battery

nRRe

Jun 14, 2010
belleville, il
Last night I used my phone quite a bit...downloaded a few apps, including messing with the Mario Live wallpaper.

Anyways, after about 6 1/2 hours I went from 100% to 20%.

Now...same 20% in the Settings>Battery bar, but instead of being green it's orange. But it's been unplugged for 20hr.

So in the first 6 1/2 hours i went from 100% to 20% and now in the last 14 hours it's only gone down...nothing according to the bar. The Battery Info tab shows 15% charge but still...14 hours of mostly standby and it's only gone down 5-10% maybe?

I have probably read 20 emails, sent 30 text's in the last 14 hours. So i guess that's light usage, considering i slept for 8 of those 14 hours.

Just weird to have it drop 80% in 6 hours than next to nothing for 14 hours.

Anyone else notice this after the update? Is the phone just learning the battery cycle after the update maybe?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones