1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General BOGO this Friday ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MaXGTS, Feb 7, 2012.

1. MaXGTS

MaXGTS Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2012
    Last week my wife and I each bought the new Maxx. She paid $269.99 and I paid $169.99. We're on seperate accounts. As you may have read, the Razr and Razr Maxx go on sale this Friday for "Buy One Get One Free". Should we go back and try to get one of the phones refunded? Should we return the phones and repurchase them with this deal? What you guys think?

Advertisement

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2011

Yep return them; my brother-in-law always does if something like that happens lol.

3. Lilydale

Lilydale Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    I'm in a similar situation, I bought my maxx last week but my husband didn't since he was still trying to decide. Since we're in our 14 day window I wonder if there's any chance they would let us have this deal without the rigamarole of having to return and rebuy?

4. kigol

kigol Lurker
    None

Feb 8, 2012
    I purchased on Friday. After I learned this I called Verizon and since the announcement is recent, the girl hadn't heard about the upcoming promo. She was in the same boat as us but said we should still be eligibile. We shall see.

5. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    In my experience, they will do whatever is the easiest way for them to handle it. I would doubt they would make you physically make you return the phone and then repurchase under the promo.

Some years back I puchased a phone for $99. Two weeks later the price dropped to $49. Since I was within the 30 day return period, I figured if I had to, I would return my phone and then repurchase for the $49 price. When I called them the guy said you don't have to do that, I'll just credit your account the $50. He said that's easiest for you, (I didn't have to do anything) and he said it's a lot less paperwork for us.

I would think they would do something similar in your situation also.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do, :)

6. Montana Man

Montana Man Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2010
    Male
    Northwest Montana
    Pretty savvy of Verizon to start the BOGO on Friday the 10th... that's exactly two weeks and a DAY since they released the Maxx, so that those of us who just HAD to have our Maxx on its 1/26 release day can't take advantage of this offer!

But hey - it's all good! :cool:

7. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    Like they say, "Momma didn't raise no fool!" :)

8. e23nk1

e23nk1 Member
    None

Mar 1, 2010
    Stupid question but the BOGO has to be on the same contract correct?
    I am due to upgrade but only need one.
    Thx in advance.

9. Lilydale

Lilydale Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    Update - talked to Verizon today and it looks like we'll be able to get the BOGO since mine is still in the 14 day window.

10. MaXGTS

MaXGTS Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2012
    Can you give us a little more info regarding your call to Verizon?

11. Lilydale

Lilydale Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    I didn't call them, my husband went to the store and talked to the person that sold me mine. She talked with a magager on the phone for awhile and came back and said that since mine was within the 14 day period and he is also eligible for an upgrade that we could do it.
    However.....I've been wanting a tablet so just out of curiosity I did the verizon online chat and asked if I could get the $100 off deal even though I bought my phone last week. I was told no. I asked if I could return my phone and then rebuy it and get the deal. I was told yes. I pointed out this was a lot of hassle for both Verizon and I and they still said no.

12. Eusibius2

Eusibius2 Well-Known Member
    None

May 24, 2010
    Chicago area
    dirk - wait, you bought a phone for $99 AND got $50 back? What??? When was that, like 1997? LOL Just kidding!

13. MaXGTS

MaXGTS Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2012
    Seems the BOGO does not include the MAXX. Just the regular Razr. Can someone help me verify this.

14. bigrobi24

bigrobi24 Newbie
    None

Feb 4, 2012
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Doesn't look like it includes the Maxx... boo.

15. MaXGTS

MaXGTS Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2012
    Looks like someone on AndroidCentral just got the Maxx with the BOGO offer!

[​IMG]

16. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Yep, that was me actually. Going local after work today to actually get it. :) But others have already gotten them. Can't wait to ditch AT&T.

17. Eusibius2

None

May 24, 2010
    Chicago area
    Hey gang - good news!

I saw that the special on their website didnt' picture the MAXX as part of the BOGO offer, but my wife and I were due for upgrades as of yesterday. This morning at 7am CST, I thought I would place an order online (temporarily) for 2 MAXX's just to see if it would come up as BOGO. Guess what! I completed the transaction and now I've got 2 MAXX's being shipped to me for $250! Whoo-hoo! I also was able to keep my unlimited data plan from 2 years ago, too. Sweeeeet...

So I guess the BOGO does include the RAZR MAXX, it's just not advertised.

18. Eusibius2

None

May 24, 2010
    Chicago area
    Call ahead first. They are still out of stock at most locations around me. I ordered online. Supposedly, they are shipping new stock to stores today, but who knows when they will actually arrive in the stores. Good luck

19. catmanzrt

catmanzrt Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Did you do anything special online to get the discount? I just went through the process to upgrade two lines that were both due an upgrade and they wanted to charge me for both phones.

20. Eusibius2

None

May 24, 2010
    Chicago area
    Nope - didn't do anything special. I did get a $50 bonus (used to be the NE2 deal) on the primary line upgrade, which is why I got both phones for $250. I think I got really lucky with that deal, TBH.

I'm trying to remember my steps - I logged in online (PC, not phone).. from the My Verizon page, I clicked on "Upgrade my device" for the primary line. Went through all the steps, and repeated for wife's phone. I was really hesitant, bc I thought I wasn't going to get the BOGO, but the final page (before entering payment info) showed that it was FREE for 2nd line, and $250 for primary line. SOLD!

21. catmanzrt

catmanzrt Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Congrats, You got a great deal. I just tried it again with no luck. The only thing I was able to get was double data on the line going from dumb phone to smart phone.

22. MaXGTS

MaXGTS Newbie
    None

Jan 29, 2012
    Last week I bought my Maxx for $169.99. My wife bought hers for $269.99. We were on seperate accounts. Can we each return our phones, combine our accounts with a family plan, then repurchase my phone for $169.99 and get the second one free?

23. MarkR

MarkR Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    How long will the BOGO offer last?

24. BiggSnarfy

BiggSnarfy Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2010
    I was driving by my local store today on my lunch break, so I stopped in to look at the demo model because I hadn't actually seen a MAXX in person.

I was told the BOGO was through Sunday. They didn't have stock but said the phones would be shipped to me if I ordered in the store.

I ended up ordering over the phone since I already had a call in with one of the call center reps. His and hers phones are scheduled to arrive Valentines Day, and it'll be a surprise for my wife who still thinks the MAXX BOGO was a false rumor.

25. bigrobi24

bigrobi24 Newbie
    None

Feb 4, 2012
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    I did talk to someone on the Verizon website and they DID say the Maxx is included in the buy one get one. I also looked at the website again and it says buy any one Razr, and get one of equal or lesser value free. I want to get the Maxx for me and a purple regular Razr for my mom because both our phones can be upgraded.