1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

boinic rooted phone need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigdog37074, Dec 21, 2011.

1. bigdog37074

bigdog37074 Lurker

I have had boinic rooted for about 2-3 months. This morning I looked at my phone, and it had a update from verizon. So not thinking I went ahead, and let it do its thing. This after noon I got home to use the wifi on it "Nothing". It said make sure your rooted. So what ever the the update was it killed it, but it still shows my superuser guy on my phone. I tried unrooting and rooting the phone. It would get to step 3, and come up with. error: adb could not be granted root acess. Iam lost on what to do. I hope there is someone on here that could help. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Hmmm, I hope the update didn't close the root exploit used for your phone. You may have to wait until a new exploit is found :(

I'm not personally up to date with your phone, but maybe someone in the root section for your device can help.

For the future once you are rooted, you never need to accept an ota update again. Actually it's not advised at all for the reason above. You can loose root access, or even worse, be caught in between.

Once you loaded a custom recovery on your phone it removed the phones ability to properly accept an ota update. This is the only function of a stock recovery, to accept an ota update.

Let me move your thread to the Bionic all things root forum and see if the folks over there can help you out. :)

Motorola Droid Bionic - Android Forums

bigdog37074 likes this.
  3. What is the current system version on your Bionic?

... Thom

4. bigdog37074

bigdog37074 Lurker

System version: 5.5.893.xt875.verizon.en.us

5. bigdog37074

bigdog37074 Lurker

Ok maybe someone can help me out again. I downloaded the [TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1. I extracted the file. Then it poped up and said. cannot open the file. blah blah zip is invaild. What iam I doing wrong here.

6. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast

You dont have a zip extractor. Download something like WinRAR or Winzip to extract the files for you. It's not an executable. Unless you're using Windows Vista/7 which opens up the zip file and not extract everything out of it.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews