• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Book keeping/stock taking app?

dvhttn

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2010
Sunny Cornwall
Right. Thought I'd ask the collective wisdom here as I'm not having much luck with 'searchs', mainly as I'm not too sure exactly what I'm searching for not really having a brain that's too comfortable with accountancy terms! Basically I have a friend who's an antiques dealer who I'm trying to drag into the computer age (well, the phone app age anyway) and do his books mostly on a phone/tablet. It's all paper until now. Had a look at his "books" earlier and all he needs is an app to record any items he has bought/sold. All he needs are the following fields:

Stock item (next number on list so incremented automatically each time)
Date (automatic)
Price paid
Who paid
Price sold for
Who sold to
Description.

A couple of other columns for margin/tax/VAT/etc which would be automatically generated. Plus the option to edit any and all columns if necessary and the ability to 'search' on any field. Oh, and the ability to 'export' CSV files and the like.

Now, I'm not too sure what I'm searching for so would like some pointers along those lines. If you've tried something that fits the bill some specific pointers would also be appreciated.

Oh, and it'd be useful to be able to backup to a Windows PC and maybe even edit stuff on that (even as csv files so an 'import' of this would also be useful).

Thanks for any tips.

Dave

Right. Thought I'd ask the collective wisdom here as I'm not having much luck with 'searchs', mainly as I'm not too sure exactly what I'm searching for not really having a brain that's too comfortable with accountancy terms! Basically I have a friend who's an antiques dealer who I'm trying to drag into the computer age (well, the phone app age anyway) and do his books mostly on a phone/tablet. It's all paper until now. Had a look at his "books" earlier and all he needs is an app to record any items he has bought/sold. All he needs are the following fields:

Stock item (next number on list so incremented automatically each time)
Date (automatic)
Price paid
Who paid
Price sold for
Who sold to
Description.

A couple of other columns for margin/tax/VAT/etc which would be automatically generated. Plus the option to edit any and all columns if necessary and the ability to 'search' on any field. Oh, and the ability to 'export' CSV files and the like.

Now, I'm not too sure what I'm searching for so would like some pointers along those lines. If you've tried something that fits the bill some specific pointers would also be appreciated.

Oh, and it'd be useful to be able to backup to a Windows PC and maybe even edit stuff on that (even as csv files so an 'import' of this would also be useful).

Thanks for any tips.

Dave

Memento Database & HanDbase come very close but you would need to get the hang of the maths functions

Upvote 0
Memento Database & HanDbase come very close but you would need to get the hang of the maths functions

I'll download them and take a look, thanks.

You just need to design an excel template and get a free app that can open excel and away you go.

Yeah, never been a fan of spread sheets, probably as I said, I don't have an "accountancy" brain ... :hmmmm2: I know my friend is even worse than me on this ..... :D

Any more 'app' recommendations appreciated.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones