1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bookmarks widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ttocsm, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ttocsm

ttocsm Member

Jan 31, 2010
    The bookmarks widget looks horrible. No longer does it show a minuature look at my saved bookmarks. And I can't figure out how to edit them Id like to edit the 0ld ones I have from my g-nex and want to remove some but can't figure out how to. What am i overlookin?

Advertisement

2. y2kgtp

y2kgtp Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    I had better luck with saving a couple bookmark shortcuts to my homepage.

3. amarie82

amarie82 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Female
    tech support
    okc
    You have to manage those from whatever browser your using chrome or stock. I had the same issue with mine so I quit using the widget. I just take the extra step and go in thru thru my chrome browser.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    Along these lines... can anyone recommend a good bookmark widget? I use Boat Browser and the stock bookmark widget no longer works after the update. Before the update, I could set Boat Browser as my default browser and the stock widget would open in Boat...now it only opens in the stock browser which is absolutely terrible...no text wrapping.
    I simply cannot find an after market bookmark widget that works.
    Also, I don't like Chrome, so I'm looking for suggestions that will work with Boat Browser.

5. MYKEL61

MYKEL61 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Male
    Accountant
    Portage, Indiana
    I too use boat browers and see no difference in anythng after the udate. It stayed as my default and all my bookmarks are there and I can add them just as I used to, by long holding the tab at the top. A window opens and asks if you want to save it as a bookmark.. there are other options on the pop up too. Then to access them you press the menu buttom on the bottom left of your phone.. a menu pops up. hit the star and all the bookmarks shlould be there.. Not sure but there was a boat browers update a few days ago. Try installing that and see if it helps. I did that before the update. Hope this helps!

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    That's what I'm doing now. Bookmarks work fine on Boat Browser. I'm looking for a bookmark WIDGET to place on one of my homescreens.

7. ttocsm

ttocsm Member

Jan 31, 2010
    I still cant seem to figure out how to edit them in the stock browser. When I open the browser, then click on browser icon, or go through the menu tab, I dont see a way to edit them? Can anybody help?