• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boost GS3 Triband - No APN data, 1X connection

What are good phones for custom roms on prepaid service?

• Samsung phones are pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nexus phones

• LG phones

• Other

• Total voters

funguy16

Lurker
May 12, 2016
Ok, I'll state where I'm at, and then I'll give you some background, hopefully that will help diagnose, because I certainly can't figure out the issue.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3; SPH-D710T; My carrier: Boost; ROM OctOS-L "M6-Final-5.1.1-20151229" (based on Cyanogenmod 13-Lollipop ; Baseband: L710TVPU0AOH1;
I can't get a good mobile data connection. Phone says 1x in notification. "No APN specified on the device". I can enter all the APN data and then when I click save it just disappears. Yet, I can get it to text (SMS only), and browse internet really slowly.
I can't figure out what's going on. I thought I knew this phone, knew flashing better than this. But after about 5 days of working on this, still stuck at 1X service and basic SMS without MMS.
The issues started when I couldn't get data to work without switching APN every boot, and it was getting worse, so that I couldn't rely on getting a signal at all.

Flashed back to stock from aTWRP backup I made Dec 29th, just a few days after I got the phone (used), which seemed like it was working pretty good, so I moved on to Flashing OctOS-M. But now all I get is 1x service, no LTE at all.
Thursday 4:46 PM 5/12/2016
So last night I was using SMS (no MMS) and data at the 1X speed. Still no LTE.
Tried to flash a stock rom in Odin, FAILED. (auth issue)
Flashed a SPH-L710T_Modem-(KOT49H.L710TVPU0ANF4).zip
Which is a ANF4 modem for the SPH-710T
Nope.
Tried flashing back to backup from Dec 2015, now apps are freezing and Forceclosing.
Well, I am back to OctOS-L, and only thing that isn't working is the data connection. I hope someone can read this and see where I messed up. Thanks for reading!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones