1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] 4.2.2 and 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cornelljdavis, Dec 10, 2013.

1. cornelljdavis

cornelljdavis Well-Known Member

How come titanium back up won't restore my apps on these versions of android?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Can you be more specific please? For instance, are you running KitKat and tried to restore app backups from a 4.3 build you were previously running? The more info the better chance someone can identify and solve your problem. Thanks!

3. cornelljdavis

I was running 4.3 and tried to restore APPS from 4.1.2

4. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

My other pertinent question then will be, did you choose "with data" or "app only?" And as a follow-up to that, are you crossing TW apps with AOSP? For example, I can restore S Voice when I am running CyanogenMod, but only if I choose "app only" as the data is incompatible and will give a fail message.

TheBritton likes this.
  5. cornelljdavis

App and data and yes tw to asop. No matter what you said makes sense so that answers that.

6. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

If you are unable to view your backup folder directory then you may have to go to preferences and select "choose backup folder".. the 4.3 updates introduced a few small changes to the mount points (emulated, etc) and when I updated to 4.3 Titanium Backup was showing that I had no backups because the chosen backup folder was not correct.

struckn likes this.
  7. cornelljdavis

8. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

1st, make sure you have a Titanium Backup folder on your external sd card. Gotta have it.
    To set Titanium backup location folder. Go into Titanium settings/preferences/backup folder location. Select DETECT and let Titanium search the whole device for backup folders. If you have added a Titanium Backup folder to the external sd as instructed, the search will find it. Choose the folder on the SD ext, then down in the bottom right corner, select use the current folder. BAM! Titanium is now set to backup to the SD card folder. :D

struckn, TheBritton and mydian like this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews