• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ACS] One Click Root for Warp.

i got the file. (i dl'd with the phone via "download all files" and extracted it via "archidriod") i copy pasted it onto c drive. i have tried right click the bat, run as admin, with and without compatibility, and various selections for compatability. i tried rightcilck cmd prompt, run as admin and typing the path. (C:\warpdrive.bat) still fails. so no mater what i do, on 64 bit i'm boned?

if it helps my rm just bought this phone today and it came pre installed with the 2.3.5 update.

You must install busybox on your phone. You pointed that out to me a long time ago with a different phone you were modding. We successfully modded his phone today. :D

Go to the market on your phone, find and install busybox, then follow the video tutorial at the beginning of this thread. Worked just fine, but make sure to plug the phone in and install the drivers. (We used the drivers that came with the phone. Simply plug the phone in, hit autorun, and go through the install, then unplugged the phone, and plugged it back in when the video says to.)

I hope this puts a stop to the problem other people are having. I know Mac42 is really happy right now.

<Edit> We also had the drivers listed in the main post installed on the computer. Please test and post if this works for you.

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been asked already but couldn't find anything by doing a search. Im new to these smartphones and learning alot from these forums but still not 100% on what Im doing.

I'm thinking about rooting my phone but have alot of apps and info on it that I don't want to lose. Can I root and still keep my apps or am I gonna have to reload everything? What's the best way to backup what I have so I can get it moved to the rooted device?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been asked already but couldn't find anything by doing a search. Im new to these smartphones and learning alot from these forums but still not 100% on what Im doing.

I'm thinking about rooting my phone but have alot of apps and info on it that I don't want to lose. Can I root and still keep my apps or am I gonna have to reload everything? What's the best way to backup what I have so I can get it moved to the rooted device?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

You will not lose anything during the rooting process, but if you're paranoid,
1.all of your contacts are backed up to your google account
2. market purchases are synced to google acct (in market, menu> my apps and scroll to not installed)
3 go SMS (from the market) can backup/restore your text messages
4. Pictures, music and pretty much all your non-app related downloads are stored on your sd card. (you can copy/paste to/from pc before/after to be safe)
5.rooting is fun, all the cool kids are doing it :p

Upvote 0
the warp was good, not that its rooted its great. i just rooted mine using this thread. big ups to interdpth and shaggy, you guys rock. i cant believe how simple it was. my previous phone was the i1, i tried rooting it but soon discovered it to be impossible. so yea im loving my rooted warp, again thanks interdpth and shaggy:D

Upvote 0
Ok i have rooted many andriod phones but i have a problem i followed all the instructions when i go to select run autorun my usb connection system disappear but debugging is active in the video he has both in ocr it says deamond started only after i unplug and replug in my usb but it doesnt move after i select auto run what so ever i use too different data cables im running
andriod 2.3.5
build number N860V1.0.0B08
please any help

Upvote 0
Ok i have rooted many andriod phones but i have a problem i followed all the instructions when i go to select run autorun my usb connection system disappear but debugging is active in the video he has both in ocr it says deamond started only after i unplug and replug in my usb but it doesnt move after i select auto run what so ever i use too different data cables im running
andriod 2.3.5
build number N860V1.0.0B08
please any help

Just had the same problem and I troubleshot the usb and then ran the autorun and it worked !! had to plug and unplug the USB a couple times....and had to run the actuall root program 2 times ...but it's done and working perfectly now. I have the same specs as you above so it can be done it's just a little resistant at first ....keep checking in your notifications bar and if you see the little android dude then you are all set !! Hope that this helps ..
:eek: THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE THAT GOT THE ROOT FOR THIS UP AND WORKING SO QUICKLY !! YOU ALL ARE AMAZING !! :eek:

Upvote 0
so i figured out how to fix the binarys, first you need to have root explorer, go to /system/apps/superuser.apk and move it to /data/apps/...... now should be in with your normally downloaded apps instead of a system app. now manage applications/superuser...... uninstall. seeing as now that you are rooted, you can go to the market, download superuser, install, and now it will allow you to update the su binary to the newest version. enjoy, took 2 hours of trial and error, but it works. after its updated, feel free to move super user back to a system app.

Upvote 0
Great Root! Worked the 1st try. Really easy to do.
i update the phone for new version b8c and 1 root dosent work anymore sh#$
i attach the image

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones