1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Android Kitchen script issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mercury0x000d, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

So once again, I'm trying to make a ROM in the good ol' Android Kitchen. I find that to use some of the more powerful features, it makes me convert my ROM's updater-script into the older style update-script, as this is the only kind it understands. Upon building the ROM, it converts this back into the new style update-script, however not fully. I get these two errors:

Code (Text):
    2. NOTE: Ensure you fix the unknown reference(s) at the line number(s) below.
    3.       Compare with the original version of the updater-script, if you have
    4.       one.
    6. 5:mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p17", "???");
    7. 7:mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p18", "???");
    So I look inside my update-script, and find the two lines it's complaining about as follows:

Code (Text):
    2. mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p17", "???");
    3. mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p18", "???");
    From reading through the system, I find that mmcblk0p17 corresponds to the cache partition and mmcblk0p18 corresponds to the data partition. I triedreplacing the pair of ???'s with cache and data, respectively, and this caused a status 7 error. I tried replacing the updater-binary as it states in the FAQ to no avail.

And so, my question to all those who use the Kitchen regularly, is how do I get around this??

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

2. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

drewhill77 and mercury0x000d like this.
  3. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

If I could hit the Thanks! button five times, I would. I've been fighting this for the better parts of the last three days! :( Thanks so much, I'll be giving this one a try as soon as possible :)

Just curious... where did you get your updater binary from? All the ones I tried in the tools folder didn't seem to fix the problem.

4. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

all devices that have an ext4 partition use the same commands because it requires 4 variables to mount the partition. but the official ZTE update had it in there.

5. Zoyet

Zoyet Lurker

Dears,
    i'd like to make a custom rom for Lenovo A706 i got the an error while check
    format ext4 EMMC /dev/block/mmcblk0p17 0
    warning partition not recognized
    my fstab:
    # mount point fstype device [device2]

/boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
    /cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
    /data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 length=-16384
    /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    /misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    /sdcard2 vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1
    /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
    /sys_boot vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
    /FOTA emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
    /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p20

how to fix this problem as it's ended with status 7

Attached Files:

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews