• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Android Kitchen script issue

mercury0x000d

The ultra-modern operator
Nov 24, 2011
Penn's Woods
www.mercurycoding.com
So once again, I'm trying to make a ROM in the good ol' Android Kitchen. I find that to use some of the more powerful features, it makes me convert my ROM's updater-script into the older style update-script, as this is the only kind it understands. Upon building the ROM, it converts this back into the new style update-script, however not fully. I get these two errors:

Code:
NOTE: Ensure you fix the unknown reference(s) at the line number(s) below.
      Compare with the original version of the updater-script, if you have
      one.

5:mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p17", "???");
7:mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p18", "???");

So I look inside my update-script, and find the two lines it's complaining about as follows:

Code:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p17", "???");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p18", "???");

From reading through the system, I find that mmcblk0p17 corresponds to the cache partition and mmcblk0p18 corresponds to the data partition. I triedreplacing the pair of ???'s with cache and data, respectively, and this caused a status 7 error. I tried replacing the updater-binary as it states in the FAQ to no avail.

And so, my question to all those who use the Kitchen regularly, is how do I get around this??

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

So once again, I'm trying to make a ROM in the good ol' Android Kitchen. I find that to use some of the more powerful features, it makes me convert my ROM's updater-script into the older style update-script, as this is the only kind it understands. Upon building the ROM, it converts this back into the new style update-script, however not fully. I get these two errors:

So I look inside my update-script, and find the two lines it's complaining about as follows:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p17", "???");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p18", "???");
/
From reading through the system, I find that mmcblk0p17 corresponds to the cache partition and mmcblk0p18 corresponds to the data partition. I triedreplacing the pair of ???'s with mmcblk0p17 and mmcblk0p18, respectively, and this caused a status 7 error. I tried replacing the updater-binary as it states in the FAQ to no avail.

And so, my question to all those who use the Kitchen regularly, is how do I get around this??

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p17", "/cache");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p18", "/data");

Make sure you use a updater-binary to match or it will say it expected 3 args and got 4. so pull the updater-binary from my rom or any other rom as they are all the same. if you need anymore help let me know, you will have to fix the update-script and updater-binary every time you use the kitchen because it will replace them upon completion of the specified task.

Upvote 0
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p17", "/cache");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p18", "/data");

Make sure you use a updater-binary to match or it will say it expected 3 args and got 4. so pull the updater-binary from my rom or any other rom as they are all the same. if you need anymore help let me know, you will have to fix the update-script and updater-binary every time you use the kitchen because it will replace them upon completion of the specified task.

If I could hit the Thanks! button five times, I would. I've been fighting this for the better parts of the last three days! :( Thanks so much, I'll be giving this one a try as soon as possible :)

Just curious... where did you get your updater binary from? All the ones I tried in the tools folder didn't seem to fix the problem.

Upvote 0
If I could hit the Thanks! button five times, I would. I've been fighting this for the better parts of the last three days! :( Thanks so much, I'll be giving this one a try as soon as possible :)

Just curious... where did you get your updater binary from? All the ones I tried in the tools folder didn't seem to fix the problem.

all devices that have an ext4 partition use the same commands because it requires 4 variables to mount the partition. but the official ZTE update had it in there.

Upvote 0
Dears,
i'd like to make a custom rom for Lenovo A706 i got the an error while check
format ext4 EMMC /dev/block/mmcblk0p17 0
warning partition not recognized
my fstab:
# mount point fstype device [device2]

/boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
/cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
/data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 length=-16384
/recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
/misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
/sdcard2 vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1
/system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
/sys_boot vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
/FOTA emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
/sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p20

how to fix this problem as it's ended with status 7

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones