• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Anyone buy this ZeroLemon 7000 mAh battery?

Very nice....I'm gonna order one of those badboys maybe.
Only have one other concern. I've read and seen in videos, that the tunnel of the case affects the pics, like they'd get shadows or somthing.....can somone test that out. I can see how it would too, because the case that comes with the battery is flush with the camera, but the rugged case it has a tunnel look...if that makes sense at all.

The nipple looking things wouldn't be really hard to fix either, just a bit of finesse and time with some fine sandpaper or a really fine file and they would be flush with the case itself........but yeah it's an easier fix than I had even thought.

Thanks again for the video.

Upvote 0
I have the exact same pliers. Only difference is that mine are really old, rusted and dull haha. You think an exacto-knife would work?

Edit: Also, how did you get the screen protector it came with off?

Screen protector is just lightly glued on. Very easy to pop out.

Very nice....I'm gonna order one of those badboys maybe.
Only have one other concern. I've read and seen in videos, that the tunnel of the case affects the pics, like they'd get shadows or somthing.....can somone test that out. I can see how it would too, because the case that comes with the battery is flush with the camera, but the rugged case it has a tunnel look...if that makes sense at all.

The nipple looking things wouldn't be really hard to fix either, just a bit of finesse and time with some fine sandpaper or a really fine file and they would be flush with the case itself........but yeah it's an easier fix than I had even thought.

Thanks again for the video.

I've take a bunch of pictures with my case with no issues. Here.... I'll post a few taken with the case on. You can make your own decision. :D

Pics taken with case on.

e8usydeb.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks ok I guess, but need to compare on, and off.
I may just do that when I get mine. Hard to compare unless you have pretty much the same pic with and without side by side.
I have someone here that does picture stuff for a living so he would spot any weird shadow stuff or other things right off. Me being the simple point and shoot person I have a hard time picking that stuff out.

Upvote 0
Looks ok I guess, but need to compare on, and off.
I may just do that when I get mine. Hard to compare unless you have pretty much the same pic with and without side by side.
I have someone here that does picture stuff for a living so he would spot any weird shadow stuff or other things right off. Me being the simple point and shoot person I have a hard time picking that stuff out.

Welp. It works just fine for me and that's good enough. I can't see any shadow whatsoever bro.

Upvote 0
For those of you wanting a video on how to fix the proximity sensor, I apologize. I got a wild hair up my ass and took a small pair of wire cutters to remove the upper slim plastic piece. THE PROXIMITY SENSOR IS FIXED!

I'll make a short video going over what I did to fix it. It literally took me less that 3 minutes to fix. LOL. Easy peasy baby. Easy peasy. :D

If you are on any of the phone apps that will not allow you to play the video then I have fixed this for you. Download zip, extract, and watch the video. Those on computers can just click on the actual picture here and the video will begin to play as it is posted on Photobucket.

VIDEO ZIP DOWNLOAD-
Convert ZeroLemon Rugged Case so Proximity Sensor will work

EDIT:

VIDEO IS UPLOADING AS I TYPE.

EDIT:

VIDEO DEMO ON HOW TO FIX THE ZEROLEMON RUGGED CASE. VERY EASY FIX PEOPLE!!! IN ORDER TO SEE THIS VIDEO YOU MUST BE ON A PC. :D

thats funny i have the same monitor ass you biker.

Upvote 0
I am running moar and the proximity sensor doesn't work with the zerolemon case. You can use home button to get screen back up and power button to shut screen off. I saw what Wet did in the video, I used a small pair of cutters and cut the same thing but left about a 1/4 inch hanging down from the top and then just peeled the bar off the screen protector and then scraped the glue off with my finger nail all with the phone in. will post a pic later. Works great and still have the screen protector in place. Now all works like a charm.:)

Upvote 0
So for the first time since buying my ZeroLemon, I have been on the same ROM for a full battery cycle, and therefore have the correct stats from the battery usage screen.

2bGNRTQ.png

Carbon ROM running stock kernel with a handful of tweaks implemented via Andromizer Pro and the built-in ROM Performance options.

If you would, please share all details. I would love to see them. No way I'm gonna get that outta mine without some tweaks.

Upvote 0
If you would, please share all details. I would love to see them. No way I'm gonna get that outta mine without some tweaks.

You would be surprised at how long you will get out of this battery regardless. I left for work at 1:30 pm today with my battery at 9%, and figured I would probably need to plug it in just to get a brief charge towards the end of my shift. Oh no need for that-it got down to about 4% and then kept fluctuating between 4% and 5%, like it couldn't even decide how much more juice was left! This was around 8:30 pm, and the screenshot was from after 11 pm when I arrived home and it was down to 3%! I thought about pushing it past midnight, but wanted to get the screenshot and then get it on the charger so I could play around online.

Settings in Andromizer Pro:

Didn't change min/max frequencies (384/1512)
Interactive governor and noop scheduler
2 Core Power Saving
No Gentle Fair Sleepers (specific to the CM kernel)
ZRAM 10% reserved for compressed swap space
Reno congestion control
Read ahead buffer of 2048 for both internal and external

Performance options:

Performance profile
Allow purging of assets
Kernel samepage merging

Remember, everyone uses their phone differently. I don't do videos (YouTube or movie viewing like Netflix), don't even have a Facebook account, let alone the app that goes with it (that app will destroy your battery life is my understanding), and have always done a lot of the tips and tricks referenced in the "Get a (Battery) Life" thread on XDA.

Upvote 0
You would be surprised at how long you will get out of this battery regardless. I left for work at 1:30 pm today with my battery at 9%, and figured I would probably need to plug it in just to get a brief charge towards the end of my shift. Oh no need for that-it got down to about 4% and then kept fluctuating between 4% and 5%, like it couldn't even decide how much more juice was left! This was around 8:30 pm, and the screenshot was from after 11 pm when I arrived home and it was down to 3%! I thought about pushing it past midnight, but wanted to get the screenshot and then get it on the charger so I could play around online.

Settings in Andromizer Pro:

Didn't change min/max frequencies (384/1512)
Interactive governor and noop scheduler
2 Core Power Saving
No Gentle Fair Sleepers (specific to the CM kernel)
ZRAM 10% reserved for compressed swap space
Reno congestion control
Read ahead buffer of 2048 for both internal and external

Performance options:

Performance profile
Allow purging of assets
Kernel samepage merging

Remember, everyone uses their phone differently. I don't do videos (YouTube or movie viewing like Netflix), don't even have a Facebook account, let alone the app that goes with it (that app will destroy your battery life is my understanding), and have always done a lot of the tips and tricks referenced in the "Get a (Battery) Life" thread on XDA.

Thanks bro. As for Facebook, yes it's a battery killer. Thank goodness for the freeze option in Titanium. :D

EDIT. Already have some of my settings the same as yours. Cool.

Upvote 0
The Facebook I only use once in a while and just use Chrome instead of the app.
Honestly, has the Facebook app EVER been any good? I honestly have to say, running Facebook through a mobile browser is miles better than the official app the last time I'd seen it. For one, it's far more responsive, and it was actually functional.

Not to mention my biggest gripe with the app is how it would surreptitiously insist on trying to stay running, even when using a task kill command. Even when I explicitly set it to not auto-sync and stuff like that, it would blatantly disregard my preferences.

I would have hoped that somebody getting paid to actually program it would have actually fixed it by now. I just know I definitely stayed away when I heard about the "Facebook HOME" thing where they even try to replace your GUI with their stupid nonsense, so I was made to understand. I'm guessing that didn't pan out because I know there would be enough people having a royal meltdown if zuckerberg let it go down like that.

Upvote 0
Honestly, has the Facebook app EVER been any good? I honestly have to say, running Facebook through a mobile browser is miles better than the official app the last time I'd seen it. For one, it's far more responsive, and it was actually functional.

Not to mention my biggest gripe with the app is how it would surreptitiously insist on trying to stay running, even when using a task kill command. Even when I explicitly set it to not auto-sync and stuff like that, it would blatantly disregard my preferences.

I would have hoped that somebody getting paid to actually program it would have actually fixed it by now. I just know I definitely stayed away when I heard about the "Facebook HOME" thing where they even try to replace your GUI with their stupid nonsense, so I was made to understand. I'm guessing that didn't pan out because I know there would be enough people having a royal meltdown if zuckerberg let it go down like that.

I only used the app 1 or 2 times so don't really know much except like you said, it always wants to run. Never paid any attention to that Home thing either. The browser works just fine even though, not on there much.

Upvote 0
Was wondering if this is normal for everyone or just me? I charge when I get to 1 or 2% for like 12-16 hours. The green light is on so I wake phone up it says 100%, I unplug and put in pocket or carry out to living room and put down. In like 5 mins I pick it up wake it up and then it says anywhere from 60-70%. I then plug back in for 3-4 hours more and then it says 100 and will last for 4-7 days depending on use. I only use the usb wall charger.

Just thought of another Question. In moar they have a fast charge module, can this be used or is it better to slow charge?

Upvote 0
Was wondering if this is normal for everyone or just me? I charge when I get to 1 or 2% for like 12-16 hours. The green light is on so I wake phone up it says 100%, I unplug and put in pocket or carry out to living room and put down. In like 5 mins I pick it up wake it up and then it says anywhere from 60-70%. I then plug back in for 3-4 hours more and then it says 100 and will last for 4-7 days depending on use. I only use the usb wall charger.

Just thought of another Question. In moar they have a fast charge module, can this be used or is it better to slow charge?

I think that's moar rom doing it, I have the same issue. Moar has some little quirks here and there. Mine charged and had the blue light as that's what i set my full charge color too is blue, and the phone said 79% in notification bar.....out of curiosity I unplugged it it magically popped to 100% when I unplugged it. When I went to work and let it sit a bit it slowly trickled down to 79% again, kinda like 2-3% drops, but in a matter of around an hour. After that it drained fine.
This combined with the call quality thing I think I'm gonna have to let moar go sadly.

I had a busy night last night unexpectedly, so I downloaded carbon and hit the sack.....I'm installling now to test gps out so will report back in a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones