• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] apps and battery life

I've noticed that my phone drains even when i'm not using it, i just put my phone down two hours later i'd lose like 18% but why? i have an extended batter? Could it be my rom or anything else?

Also, I have apps on my phone that run in the background and i don't even use them, i have to manually go to manage apps and force stop it myself. is there an app to stop that. I know i found an amazing startup app that stopped a lot of apps but these some left are sneaky like whatsapp that runs in the background and facebook too.

I use a task killer, but I don't have it set to automatically kill apps. A few of the roms here have a PowerNap script in them to conserve tons of battery life, though there are two versions of the script: One that locks the phone at 122 MHz, and another that locks it at 200-something. Although, they do both conserve battery, the latter is nowhere near as efficient (after I tested for a week) as the original one. On top of that, the quality of your battery could have something to do with it as well, depending on what kind you have.

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
I use a task killer, but I don't have it set to automatically kill apps. A few of the roms here have a PowerNap script in them to conserve tons of battery life, though there are two versions of the script: One that locks the phone at 122 MHz, and another that locks it at 200-something. Although, they do both conserve battery, the latter is nowhere near as efficient (after I tested for a week) as the original one. On top of that, the quality of your battery could have something to do with it as well, depending on what kind you have.

Gotta love people promoting your wares! ^_^

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones