1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Apps safe to remove?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by APOPHiS420, Dec 4, 2013.

1. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Android Enthusiast

Hey guys! I was wondering which if any of the stock apps are safe to remove once we are rooted. Thanks in advance. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. APOPHiS420

Truly appreciate it :D

3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

4. APOPHiS420

I was about to remove soem apps when I did notice that it says its for the Android build MG2 but I have the mk5 4.3 rom installed and someof the apps are different would hate messing my phone up lol

5. wetbiker7

I've got a simple solution for you. Use titanium backup and make a backup of the apps before you remove them. Start off by uninstalling the apps a few at a time. If you start experiencing issues, use titanium and restore the app or apps. There shouldn't be a whole lot of difference in the apps from the old and new builds.

You could also check with some of the guys who are running the new build and see what bloat they have removed without incident. :D

6. APOPHiS420

Alright thanks for the help :D

7. wetbiker7

Here is a ROM that you may want to take a look at. It is the 4.3 BareBones ROM. It's been pretty much stripped down to just the basics.

Just make sure you read the thread before trying it. I knew about the older build but just found this one. This may very well save you a lot of work from having to debloat manually. ;)

[ROM][4.3][Stock] BareBones v1.0 (12-1-13) - xda-developers

APOPHiS420 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews