1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Audio prl msl...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dennis8492, Dec 20, 2012.

1. dennis8492

dennis8492 Well-Known Member

Sup guys and girls... so I been running the wp7 rom but kinda tired of it so I went back to stock. Anyways here's one issue I had throughout all the roms. Shity sound quality. As in the volume sounded very low even when it was on blast and especially when connected to aux it was even worse. Any help with that?

Another thing would be that I'd like to get an msl and prl # that would benifit me. I'm in the southern California area orange county. Any tips and help is appreciated. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. deathtrap8675

deathtrap8675 Well-Known Member

Mr bobos noob Rom has a fix for audio included in it. Alternatively you can use. Volume+ from the play store (it's free)

dennis8492 and MrBobo like this.
  3. dennis8492

How can i manually change my prl on my phone?? I don't wanna download and install all that stuff because i hardly have any time to be on my pc. Plus my wife hates it when i spent hours on the computer lol. :p if possible on the phone i promise this forum that ill test as much as i can and report back as well as search for new prl releases.

4. croy2007

croy2007 Resident Punisher

To my knowledge you can't change the prl from the phone on the warp. Sadly it is required to use a computer.

5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Cdma workshop is a requirement however in over 10 years of experience changing prl's it's definitely the most work for the least (if any) benefit.

deathtrap8675 likes this.
  6. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Gotta go with these guys on this one. I have personally flashed over 40 prl files, and none of them worked for me. But, Yeah, a computer is required. And if you do decide to go ahead with it, READ the instructions carefully!!! You can brick your phone if you do something wrong.

7. jforten420

jforten420 Well-Known Member

You can change your PRL from your phone, you just can't choose which PRL to change it to from your phone, all you can do is update it to the most current boost PRL. But it has been very helpful for me. Ill change my PRL at home and then see how my service is around town. If I am getting horrible service and can't get home to change it to a different one ill just update it from my phone and be good to go!

8. OverByter

That's not really changing it but updating it instead, carriers update their prl usually at most a couple of times a year.

9. jforten420

I know that. What i'm saying is that you can change your PRL back to the most current, with out the use of your computer.

10. dennis8492

And how do you go about changing it or updating it? When i go to about phone and try to update software zte firmware or prl it says theirs nothing new...

11. jforten420

If you already have the updated PRL then the phone won't update. I change my PRL at home on my desktop with a program. But if I'm away from my house and don't get good service, I use the update PRL to switch it back

12. dennis8492

Gotcha buddy!! So basicly i can change it but to return to normal just update. Good to know. Thanks on that :D

13. jforten420

Yep

14. dennis8492

Heres something that just came to mind.. when you enter the msl menu to change the ip and port do you go to browser or dss? Or do u change both? Also witch one would be better to change for faster web?

15. Manodedios

Manodedios Android Enthusiast

Don't change the port!!!!!!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

16. jforten420

Yes. DO NOT CHANGE THE PORTS

17. dennis8492

Lol i wont but what do you guys change? The browser ip or dss ip?

18. jforten420

Once you get your MSL code (which you need in order to change your PRL) go to your dialer and enter ##3282#, click edit, go to multimedia, change RTSP proxy and HTTPPD proxy to 0.0.0.0
    Then go to DSS and change the proxy server IP address to either 74.125.79.104 or to 172.028.223.007, which is the one I use. This will make a very noticeable increase in data speed. The original IP address is 144.226.247.31 just in case you need or want to change the IP address back. Make sure you DO NOT change any of the ports or anything else ok?
    I hope I helped you out.

jmax81 and dennis8492 like this.
  19. dennis8492

Thanks a lot!! I made those changes and wow everything net bases loads hella Fast

20. dennis8492

Earlyer today i got a prl off a coworkers phone. Its a verizon prl and the phone is on the 4g lte network. 52793 if anyone wants to test it out n see if it works... and if its good let us know :)

21. PattF

PattF Guest

That's not going to work man, we have to use Sprint PRL's.

22. jforten420

Yea, only sprint PRL's. And I'm glad I helped you out

23. dennis8492

Oh okay then. Before i put my hands on another coworkers phone, does iphone prl work the same? I am thinking yes since its still the same network (sprint iphone) another thing. Virgin mobile uses sprint towers does that mean we can use virgin mobile prl as well??

24. OverByter

Virgin doesn't allow roaming so there won't be any Verizon towers in the prl.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews