1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Battery status help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nosaj94, Aug 12, 2012.

1. nosaj94

nosaj94 Newbie

Hey I've flashed a couple roms and my battery status is screwed up it says 10% low battery but when I reboot it shoots to 50% do I have to wipe the battery status in cwm to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

Yes charge it to full capacity (100%). And then unplug. Charge again until it says 100%. Do this within 5 minutes. Once done go in to cwm and wipe battery stats. Then use phone as usual until it is completely dead. Charge to 100% without interruption, using your phone, and then see if that corrects your problem. You might have to do this a couple times.

For future reference it is wise to do this everytime you flash a new ROM because it's a factory reset and our battery stats are reset also.

I hope this helps you. Please report back if it does or doesn't. :)

nosaj94 likes this.
  3. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

Charge till full then unplug and wipe bat stats then charge again to full and repeat once its how i got my bat stats acurate for my new bat i cant remember who told me to do it but ill edit with credit
    Edit ha he posted at the same time soyou know who to credit for the tip

nosaj94 likes this.
  4. Alsaces Daddy

You just got ninja'd. :)

5. nosaj94

nosaj94 Newbie

Thanks alot guys I'll do that right now

6. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

I am having the same trouble as OP I tried what you said and It didn't work I have never Installed an rom and have no plan to install any due to the known issues. Some one on here suggested. An app called battery calibration.( can't remember who but if your really want to know send me a PM) Some would argue it doesn't work. I tried it out and it seems to have helped... FOR NOW. Hope this helps cheers

7. Alsaces Daddy

How old is your phone?

8. mooseberry

Less than 3 months it just started. I am using the stock battery. I just don't understand. Lol

9. Alsaces Daddy

If you follow.the steps I said to do it is the same thing with battery calibration. Fully charge. Unplug. Continue charge. Calibrate. Use as usual then fully charge once depleted without interruption. I think the person you are referring to is selfelevated2 who suggested the app. :D

10. mooseberry

I have done those steps to the tee with no results. I have tried it more times than I can count. Lol And according to different apps my battery is in good health.
    No it was not selfelevated2 who suggested that to me it was earlymon . Good guess tho were did self .... suggest that at. :) thanks for ur help

11. Alsaces Daddy

Now you're gonna make me go look it up! Lol I think it may be your battery BUT what apps are you running? What kinda service do you have? Reception I mean.

12. mooseberry

No need too look it up lol. I have used elixer2 to check my battery life. Ever hear hear of it if not check it out? And a a bunch of different battery apps as well. Just random ones I find on the market. I have no apps running at all at this point. I have stripped every app I can off my phone till I can figure this out. I have anywhere from 3 to five bars of reception. Some days I have full reception.

13. Alsaces Daddy

How about wifi or Bluetooth?

14. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Android Expert

I'll say this, the stock battery is a turd.. It cannot and will not last very long. That is why so many of us got ourselves big bulky batteries to put in our warps. I suggest getting either an extra battery, whether big or small. Your choice..

Now what I can say about getting a the crappy stock battery to run the best it can.

1. Clear the battery stats once. You don't need to do it every single time you charge your phone.. That would be defeating the purpose.. Because your battery stats allows your phone to learn to optimal battery life in a way. It will be crappy battery life for the first few cycles... You should notice it get better with every cycle..

I said this bc most people don't seem to know this. And they keep clearing their battery stats each Time they charge..

Only need to clear when using a new battery, and supposedly roms.

15. mooseberry

I keep wifi and Bluetooth off

16. Alsaces Daddy

Man I'm stumped

17. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Android Expert

And there is a possibility that your battery could be going bye bye.. (I doubt it tho)... If your anything like me your phone on actually turns off about an hr a week. When you think about the incredible strain on these phones being on 24/7 its pretty remarkable they don't crap out sooner

18. mooseberry

I have had no trouble with this phone at all its a solid phone I refuse to do the hole overclocking stuff. and i am very please I got it. The only trouble I have had is a very weird led issue (there's a thread about) and now this battery problem I know about the stuff you posted (thanks tho I sure a lot of people don't) . I am giving up I don't want a huge battery (don't like the prego look on the phone and I can't find a after market bettery with the same specs. Oh well lol

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews