1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] boost moble zte warp tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chesterflick, Aug 17, 2012.

1. chesterflick

chesterflick Lurker

I purchased this phone with the hopes of tethering to my laptop. the sales perso told me about foxfi and I tried another that was posted at this forum but it says my carrier does not support..blah blah blah.
    I would like to know if I am going to be able to tether this phone with boost mobile or create a hotspot.
    I am a big dummy when it comes to this phone stuff and need some serious hand holding to be able to get it to work if it is possible.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jmar

jmar Nexican

chesterflick likes this.
  3. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

Wifitether or usb? Foxfi will just freeze your phone

4. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

First question... are you rooted?

jmar likes this.
  5. UnknownUser1

In the root section so i assumed it was rooted i shoulda asked

jmar likes this.
  6. PsyMega

PsyMega Android Expert

Use the app easytether to usb tether it is the safest way because wifi tethering will eventually burnout your wifi chip, Plus this doesn't require a root.

7. jmar

jmar Nexican

Great suggestion! I have used that app in the past and it is a great wired tether option.

However, I respectfully disagree about the WiFi chip burning out.

When tethering wirelessly, the phone is sending data from whatever radio(s) the phone has to a device that has connected to that data via WiFi. Example, when I have 4G LTE enabled on my phone and wirelessly tether my Nexus 7, my Nexus 7 is using my phone's 4G LTE, not its WiFi.

Want to make sure users know that tethering wirelessly will not burn out their WiFi chip.

All the best.

jmar

Alsaces Daddy likes this.
  8. UnknownUser1

I use easytether in my pc and its great and you can still use your phone but you need to make sure if you have any kind of task killer that it doesnt kill it or youll randomly drop connection

jmar likes this.
  9. chesterflick

chesterflick Lurker

got the easy tether and it says it is connected but I have no internet. The trouble shooter says windows is unable to communicate to the device primary dns. whats my next move??

I am not rooted I dont even know what it means or how to do it.
    Should I just ponie up the cash for the 4G and spend an extra 10 bucks for the hot spot with boost?? opinions are welcomed

10. UnknownUser1

You need to install the drivers. Download to phone and then transfer to pc or run them off the phone and itll install them pretty fast

11. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Beta 4 of my rom has native USB tethering unlocked. Still working on wifi tethering.

SelfElevated2 likes this.
  12. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

Isn't it PDAnet? That installs them for us.

13. UnknownUser1

Could you port that to work for any rom?

14. fulcrum

fulcrum Newbie

I have a Samsung Transform Ultra, and I've added both Foxfi and the AndroidTether Beta App 14 (link in 1st post), and trialed them. I have Boost Mobile with 3G.

Both appear to work, but the AndroidTether is 50% faster than FoxFi for Download speed with my i7 Dell home computer connected. These speed tests were done back to back at "Speakeasy Speed Test".

Program / Software........................Download / Upload Speed
    Android Tether (Beta App 14):...............0.94Mbps / 0.31Mbps
    FoxFi:...............................................0.63Mbps / 0.31Mbps

What is interesting to note, is there are different icons displayed for connection on my home computer.

What do they mean?

The FoxFi displays the 5 green vertical bars. Does this icon indicate a "hot spot"?

While the AndroidTether Beta App 14 displays 3 interconnected blue computers. Does this icon indicate a "tether"?

If someone can tell me how to upload a picture to my post without using a URL, I will.

Cheers!

Fulcrum

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews