1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Boot Animation installation problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ccrusher1, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ccrusher1

ccrusher1 Member

Ok, I know this is getting off topic, but how to you add a custom boot animation? I've been trying to add my own, but every time i try to put it on my phone, i get either and error, or md5 sum mismatch :thinking:

I was going for a thing that I made, plus the final few seconds of "I'm Sexy and I Know It", cuz I know my friends will find that funny.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

Use root explorer,for animation change your file name to bootanimation.zip,copy, move to system then paste,will ask to overwrite exsisting,yes then for sound change file name to Bootsound.mp3,use capital letter B in boot,copy, move to system media, audio,then ui paste, oh animation is system then media ,ok

3. ccrusher1

ccrusher1 Member

I try, but it never puts the file in. :/ oh well, guess im just one of the unlucky people who has everything mess up for them XD. Oh well, at least my phone is still working :)

4. ccrusher1

ccrusher1 Member

5. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

In the past i've changed boot animations all the time without a problem....But now i've noticed only ones that are made to install as update thru CWM, work...the rest, even when i place them in correct folder, i get black screen ... ;\ weird..nevermind, I had an extra .zip there (foolish me)

6. aenoch

aenoch Android Enthusiast

absolute tools has like 100 boot anamations thats the only way ii know how to change it

7. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

Theres a thread titled Share your custom boot animations, its real easy to do..
    right now im running one that looks like a PC BIOS bootscreen, and i made my own mp3 to go with it
    sounding like the BIOS uSB connect error codes lol ;\

8. primetech

primetech Android Enthusiast

Are these not sticking simply because the system partition wasn't mounted in advance? I've never seen a boot animation not stick otherwise...you would be wise to recheck that the actual animation has copied prior to restarting the phone.

9. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Use 7zip and set compression to store. Your bootanimation should work then

10. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

You don't want install the ZIP just use root explorer go to system/media add the ZIP there but change ZIP file name to Bootanimation.ZIP for boot sounds it can be anything MP3 go into system/media/ui rename Bootsound.MP3 im currently using a transformers animation with transformers dubstep sound

11. ccrusher1

ccrusher1 Member

Sorry, that was a reply to one of your posts. I guess a mod moved it so it's another post. lol

12. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

What Apollo said, i prefer that method, just make sure you name them correctly, and then you can put the .mp3 in system/ui folder.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews