• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile Bring Your Own Phone LIST!

Check the website I linked. The s4 I'm looking at is a sprint variant, as I've done research and found sprint CDMA phones are all that can be activated on boost's network. My issue is boost has network in my area, but there are no stores I can bring the phone to, all that's sold up here from boost is phone cards. The s4 I found is a used one for a steal, and the site selling it has a BBB accreditation and an a+ rating with them. Believe me, I've researched this extensively so I know I'm not getting taken. Galaxy to boost has a 60 day money back guarantee on their conversion software, so I'm pretty sure they're legit too. Scamadviser.com also states they are legit. They have a 79% trust rating there. So again, I just wanna make sure once I flash this phone I'll be able to call boost and activate it with no questions asked. And I hope my explanation was thorough enough lol
Are there any sprint stores in your location

Upvote 0
Check the website I linked. The s4 I'm looking at is a sprint variant, as I've done research and found sprint CDMA phones are all that can be activated on boost's network. My issue is boost has network in my area, but there are no stores I can bring the phone to, all that's sold up here from boost is phone cards. The s4 I found is a used one for a steal, and the site selling it has a BBB accreditation and an a+ rating with them. Believe me, I've researched this extensively so I know I'm not getting taken. Galaxy to boost has a 60 day money back guarantee on their conversion software, so I'm pretty sure they're legit too. Scamadviser.com also states they are legit. They have a 79% trust rating there. So again, I just wanna make sure once I flash this phone I'll be able to call boost and activate it with no questions asked. And I hope my explanation was thorough enough lol
You don't need a "conversion kit" lol They don't exist. You are buying a sprint s4 all you have to do is take it to a boost mobile store or call boost to activate. I hope they didn't charge you for this fake "conversion kit" [emoji217]

Upvote 0
You don't need a "conversion kit" lol They don't exist. You are buying a sprint s4 all you have to do is take it to a boost mobile store or call boost to activate. I hope they didn't charge you for this fake "conversion kit"
emoji217.png
So boost will activate it without flashing?
I haven't made any purchases as of yet, I'm simply doing my final bits of research before I do make any decisions. There are not any sprint stores either, just network (even 4g if you can believe that lol)
Are there any sprint stores in your location

Upvote 0
So boost will activate it without flashing?
I haven't made any purchases as of yet, I'm simply doing my final bits of research before I do make any decisions. There are not any sprint stores either, just network (even 4g if you can believe that lol)
Boost is owned by sprint, their is no flashing required. Just call boost and they will activate it for you.

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0
Conversion kit? Never heard of that. Since the Sprint S4 is on the BYOD list it's easy to activate. Recently activated a Sprint S4 on my Boost account. Just called up Boost CS and told them I wanted to reprovision my Srint S4 to Boost. Took a total of less than 10 minutes with all the rebooting they asked me to do after I gave them my imei number. Even the boot up animation and preloaded apps were changed from Sprint to Boost during activation.

Upvote 0

There is no "conversion software" so they aren't legit.

A Sprint Galaxy S4 can be activated thru Boost, nothing else needed.

What your "legit" company is charging you to do is, flash A Sprint phone with Boost firmware, which is seriously NON legit.

So if you pay for something, Boost would activate for free, shows you haven't researched this as much as you think you have
.....just saying

Upvote 0
There is no "conversion software" so they aren't legit.

What your "legit" company is charging you to do is, flash A Sprint phone with Boost firmware, which is seriously NON legit.

So if you pay for something, Boost would activate for free, shows you haven't researched this as much as you think you have
.....just saying
See post 56......
Just sayin lol

Upvote 0
[QUOTEI "Sept1967, post: 7079007, member: 1810792"]There is no "conversion software" so they aren't legit.

.....just saying[/QUOTE]
While I appreciate your feedback, I already had my question answered, so to be completely honest it really wasn't needed. Thank you

Upvote 0
New question, can I activate a device unlocked for Ting on Boost Mobile? Turns out the S4 I was looking to buy got sold before I could buy it, and the one I'm looking at now is unlocked for Ting. I was hoping since this is a Sprint MVNO I could still activate it with Boost
I know if you want to move a Sprint phone that's on Ting back to Sprint you can contact Ting and have them transfer it back to the Sprint database. Not sure if that'd qualify it for Boost but you could try.
https://help.ting.com/hc/communitie...3798118-Prepare-former-Ting-phone-for-Sprint-

Upvote 0
Strange they would remove the Lg G3.
Maybe they are limited to spots. If add 2x Samsung phones, then remove 2 LG phones?

Its kinda old, they act like Samsung and Apple are the only phone makers out there. No Boost G4....no Moto X Pure...no HTC One M8 or M9.....ect
Yep, Note 4 (and Galaxy S6 as Sept1967 mentioned) are currently on the list:
https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/support/faq/phones-devices/activate-a-sprint-phone/

Strange they removed the LG G3 so fast, maybe it was added by mistake?

Oh I think I smell am upgrade. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Boost still activated a G3 for me even though the removed it, they said they couldn't then i told them it was on the list when i ordered it. I think the Lg G3 may have removed because of the sim card. None of my sim cards worked in it (3 different cards two different types one out of a sprint phone). Boost is sending me out a compatible one. It's supposed to arrive with in 1-2 days so maybe they don't want to supply thousands of sim cards with shipping so off the list it went.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones