1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boost Mobile Bring Your Own Phone LIST!

Discussion in 'Boost Mobile' started by DWILSON48625, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Sept1967

Sept1967 Android Enthusiast

I cant imagine those sims costing more then .20c to make in bulk. Small price to pay for a customer.

When I activated my gf's phone on Sprint and they gave me a free sim, the credit card size sim holder had all 3 companies logos on it
    Sprint / Boost Mobile / Virgin Mobile

Advertisement

2. Hellmouth

Hellmouth Member

So now no G3 at all on the site? What is going on?

3. defgy

defgy Lurker

Sprint Lg g3 available on ebay for 189.99 free shipping. Sold as "used A-" supposedly they've alreadly been re-sku. The seller claims to be a boost dealer. Search 'boost g3'.

4. Waterste

Waterste Newbie

Regarding these phones you can bring over to Boost from Sprint. When i buy one does it matter if the phone is Locked or Unlocked?

5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Yes it matters if it's still being paid off

6. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Sprint unlocking policy:
    http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html

Unlocking for Domestic Usage - Sprint will unlock a device from Sprint's network under the following circumstances:

1. Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options
    2. The associated account is in good standing
    3. The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

7. Waterste

Waterste Newbie

Thank you, this is great.

8. dontazz2003

dontazz2003 Lurker

What do you think of these phones....Huawei Ascend Mate2 4G 16GB Unlocked Smartphone

9. kate

Sorry, Boost currently does not list that phone as one you can bring to their network.

10. ZingBot

ZingBot Android Enthusiast

Galaxy S6 Edge added to the list

mydian and wyelkins like this.
  11. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

That was quick.

12. ZingBot

They must have removed it. I promise it was there under the S6 for the last few days. Boost did the same thing with LG G3 a while back. You're right...the list changes very little.

13. Hellmouth

Hellmouth Member

Ugh, I really want them to get the G3 back cause I really wanted one

14. ZingBot

Yeah, the Boost branded G3 and BYOD option was short lived.

wyelkins likes this.
  15. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

I bought the Boost branded G3 and it is great, but I sure wish I could have saved about $200 with the Sprint version.

16. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I bought the sprint version and loved it until it decided it wanted to go swimming in my pond.

At least the catfish have a phone now lol

wyelkins likes this.
  17. Hellmouth

Hellmouth Member

Yea I was trying to find a decent sprint one but I didn't do it quick enough. And I really missed out on it. Still going S3 strong

#93 Hellmouth, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  18. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Can an iphone 4...be used with Boost?
    I think it was on Verizon originally
    It was disabled so I restored it via itunes and now needs activation

19. kate

20. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

well its a moot question
    This phone was literally thrown out ...I charged it up and restored it via itunes but apparently is still linked to some acct somewhere and it wont let me activate it

Now I really do know why I dont like apple

21. Sept1967

Sept1967 Android Enthusiast

This BYOP list still shows no love for LG

Samsung-
    Note5 current model, Note 4,3,2 allowed
    S7 current model, S6, S5, S4 allowed

Apple-
    iPhone 6 current model*allowed, 5 allowed

LG-
    G5 current model,
    G4, G3 NOPE
    G2 allowed

HTC, ZTE, Motorola, Nexus = SOL (HTC Hero Released 2009, Android cupcake allowed)

I wonder if companies have to pay Sprint to put phones on this list. Sprint doesn't even sell G3's or G4's on their site.

22. Hellmouth

Hellmouth Member

So I was looking on eBay to get a note 4 and saw a store selling G3s branded for boost. Would those still be able to be activated even though they aren't on the phone list anymore?

23. defgy

defgy Lurker

Yes. I bought one for my girlfriend. And i bought a sprint G3 when it was on the list. They're both identical. Best phones we ever owned. Expect a few scratches though but the screens were perfect, i think the seller listed it as -A condition. Also seller says they're a boost dealer and is probably still allowed to activate it. I saw the galaxy s6 edge on the byosd list a couple months ago but it was only on there for one day.

#99 defgy, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  24. Hellmouth

Hellmouth Member

Ahh thanks for the info. I went ahead and got the Note 4 but i'll keep that in mind next time I go looking for one

Slayer72 likes this.