1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Cant mount as r/o after su binary update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UnknownUser1, Aug 8, 2012.

1. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

Edit- titles changed and my op deleted my concern is farther on but ill put here too. I installed busybox 3 dif ways can but when i try and run v6 scripts its says theres no busybox and when i run kick ass kernalizer it says theres im not running as root but i have the browse as root box selected so what next?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Busybox downloaded and installed with two different apps on Google play. Busybox and Busybox Installer. As far as v6, there are many tuts on how to add init.d support to stock.

3. UnknownUser1

Without a comp? Could you link one? When i tried using busybox installer i couldnt get the latest version and i honestly dont know what to do after i have it installed anyway so i was hoping someone could make a zip for people like me who dont wanna mess up their phone with a diy method gone wrong

4. dirtyredz

dirtyredz Well-Known Member

The best way I've found to install busybox is what downthemachine posted above, and when asked where to install choose /bin. The latest version of busybox isn't necessary as long as it's 1.19.4 or above. As for V6 I have a link to the thread @ XDA in my patchwork rom thread under the rom description. V6 is cool and all but it to causes some issues on the warp, so the best thing I can suggest is installing a rom that already has it working.

5. UnknownUser1

Im prety loyal to my rom and ill try to busybox and checkin out the threads after class tonight thnks for pointin me to a spot to look
    And if anyone still feels up to it itd stillbe cool to have a noob friendly v6 package to flash im sure im not the only one whod apreciate it

Edit. I got busybox with no issues but im not touchin it untill i check the v6 thread out

6. ggiddix

ggiddix Well-Known Member

i had root and busy box already running on stock b08c. I have been tweaking some stuff and decided to try v6 supercharger without flashing new rom. I just installed v6 and the kernel super charger from dirty and i have to say very nice! I noticed more of a difference with v6 than when i had it overclocked to 1.4ghz.
    Thanks

7. UnknownUser1

Kernal super charger?

8. bricky

bricky Well-Known Member

Busy box keeps telling me that to download failed because I need a good internet connection when I got all bars in everything seems fine

9. UnknownUser1

What rom. Im on unitology and its fine

10. bricky

bricky Well-Known Member

Trying to install any version of it busy box so I can get supercharger and all it says is that internet connect connection isn't good enough and I've got all bars any ideas

11. UnknownUser1

Right but are you stock or wcs or shins or unitology chz i couldnt install while stock but i did now with no issues and im thinkin bout messin with v6 cuz class is slow

Can someone dropbox the v6 files for me my phone is laggin too hard to open the threads

12. ggiddix

Its actually not called kernel super charger but its called kickasskernel.sh which does speed up things also. I got all the files from this site xda-developers - View Single Post - [U9RC11T4] If you think -=V6 SuperCharger=- is a Placebo, it's ALL IN YOUR HEAD! you will need "script manager" which you can download in the app store for free. you open up the script manager and run the v6 supercharger script and kickasskernel script and follow the step by step instructions on screen. I dont know how to put them in a zip for you sorry.

also you can download busy box pro from 4shared.com

13. UnknownUser1

Could someone dropbox them for me i cant save the files without that damn .pdf so if someone could post them thatd be awsome

14. UnknownUser1

Which v6 do i download and theres only 1 kak file that i found but the v6's dont match

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Did it show up now?

16. UnknownUser1

Yes it did but im not on stock rom will that mater

Shoukd i uninstall rhe busybox from the market and is that a cwm flash or just unzip in root ex i think i missed that step

17. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

It will work with anything, run parts needs to go where ever you installed Busybox

UnknownUser1 likes this.
  18. UnknownUser1

So igot the kak and v6 and even flashed the recomended busybox but it still says busybox not found any tips? Maybe i dont have it in the right spot

19. bricky

bricky Well-Known Member

M I'm on unitology with shins oc kernel. Busybox keeps saying no internet when ive got all bars on3g

20. UnknownUser1

Im just getting no busybox im not on the oc kernal tho

21. dirtyredz

dirtyredz Well-Known Member

Where did you install it to?

22. Danzo

Danzo Well-Known Member

I don't get it myself, i ran unitologyA with v6 just fine. But on B and C it says i have no root. So guess it only works on certain roms. I noticed unknownuser got out working. What version of unitology are you running?

23. UnknownUser1

Rhd first busybox was installed o bin and didnt work so uninstalled used busybox installer and got the recomended version amd tried both bin and xbin and no luck then iflashed the file in the dl and put in both bin and xbin and noluck and i try to do kak and if says im nlt running as root but ihit the crossbones and when i try v6 it says no box. Im using unitology b with the notification adon

24. ggiddix

i think you made the same mistake with busy as i did. i installed everything all symlinks and didn't use smart installer. and as a result my 3g stopped working. you have to reinstall rom and start over

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews