• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boost Mobile - Can't send MMS, but I can receive them

jwwpua

Apr 18, 2012
I'm running the latest CTMOD (3.6) for Boost. Everything works great except I can't send MMS. I've also tried the Boost Mobile MMS fix. I tried the .ZIP flash provided in the thread and also manual steps to view/change the MMSC. I've factory reset, wiped cache, etc. Nothing fixes it. Btw, I have already tried Marky Beats V2 for Boost as well, but same problem.

I have installed Go SMS and tried entering the custom settings in there too, but it's a no-go. Does anyone have suggestions/fixes?

Thanks!

P.S. I was able to send/receive MMS on my Marquee stock. Seems to be a CM7 issue, but I'm new to all this. I've tried 3 different CM7 ROMs and have the same issue with them all. It would be awesome if someone finds a fix!

Ok, so I need to factory reset, then flash CTMOD, then reset/wipe, reboot, flash boost fix, reboot, wipe cache, flash kernel?

Sorry, just wanna make sure I do it right!

If your flashing the rom too you don't need to do any wipes, its only if you already have ctmod installed and you just want to flash the fix that you need to do a factory wipe.

If you want to install both the rom and the fix you can do it like this:

Install ctmod
Go to advanced in cwm and reboot back to recovery
Install the fix
Boot up all the way, boot back to cwm
Install a kernel of your choice
And you should be good

Upvote 0
If your flashing the rom too you don't need to do any wipes, its only if you already have ctmod installed and you just want to flash the fix that you need to do a factory wipe.

If you want to install both the rom and the fix you can do it like this:

Install ctmod
Go to advanced in cwm and reboot back to recovery
Install the fix
Boot up all the way, boot back to cwm
Install a kernel of your choice
And you should be good

Ok thanks, I'll give it a shot tonight. Would it be okay to backup/restore SMS messages with Titanium, or would that screw up the patch?

And will I still need to use Go SMS after using this fix (to send MMS)?

Upvote 0
Ok thanks, I'll give it a shot tonight. Would it be okay to backup/restore SMS messages with Titanium, or would that screw up the patch?

And will I still need to use Go SMS after using this fix (to send MMS)?

Titanium may cause problems if it backs up the app data. I usually use SMS backup+ which backs up your sms/mms and call log to your gmail but there is other apps that do it too.

No, you won't need go SMS unless you actually want it.

Upvote 0
Titanium may cause problems if it backs up the app data. I usually use SMS backup+ which backs up your sms/mms and call log to your gmail but there is other apps that do it too.

No, you won't need go SMS unless you actually want it.
I normally just uncheck the MMS and MMS Settings apps from TiBU that way they don't overwrite the patch. That should work right?

Upvote 0
I just wanted to chime in here and say I have the same issues. My MMS works whenever it wants to (like my ex). I tried everything on these posts and nothing works. I dont want to do a factory reset since I have too much data to lose. But, I did discover that if I send an MMS pic message via "messages" it wont go through. But, if I send the same MMS picture message via "mail" no problem. Which tells me that the issue is on the Verizon network end of things and no matter what you do to the phone.. its just luck to get it working... Am I wrong?

Upvote 0
I just wanted to chime in here and say I have the same issues. My MMS works whenever it wants to (like my ex). I tried everything on these posts and nothing works. I dont want to do a factory reset since I have too much data to lose. But, I did discover that if I send an MMS pic message via "messages" it wont go through. But, if I send the same MMS picture message via "mail" no problem. Which tells me that the issue is on the Verizon network end of things and no matter what you do to the phone.. its just luck to get it working... Am I wrong?

Ya know, I've had an issue with my friends that are on Verizon. When I was using Handcent, I couldn't receive MMS. I had to switch to ChompsSMS and it works fine now. You might want to give that app a shot.

I know it sounds weird to try a different app but I'm telling you the truth. I've got Handcent setup correctly and it just will not download MMS. Chomps... set up the same way.. will work. Weird as hell man. :thinking:

EDIT:

One more thing.... you don't have to worry about losing anything when doing a factory reset. With the right apps, you can save everything to your PC and with Google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones