1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Common Fixes for Common Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cartersball, Oct 3, 2012.

1. cartersball

cartersball Android Enthusiast

As a community we have come across many common issues with or beloved/hated ZTE Warps. By working together we created or found fixes for many of them. As the days and weeks have gone by many of those fixes have been buried in individual ROM threads and sometimes are hard to find. Here is the solution, as a community we need to gather together and find these fixes and post links with credits here in this thread. Classic examples of these fixes include the CWM data patch, sticky toggles, WiFi/3G switching issues etc. Let's continue to help our community by making this information easily accessible.

List of fixes in this thread:

Take device back to stock:
    Ultimate Warp Drive Tool Use this to go competely back to stock with stock recovery also incuded.
    Stock B08c Nandroid This nand back up from Woodstock77 will take the phone back to stock with CWM
    Stock Flashable ROMs Flashable in CWM Stock B08 and B08c ROMs by Starscream2109 and Hroark13

Are your nand backups not restoring data?? Flash this zip in CWM to fix that issue. Big thanks to JBrd400 and Hroark13 for this:
    CWM Data backup and restore fix by JBrd400

We all know the speaker on this device is horrid...the best fix for this issue is using the Volume+ app from the PlayStore. BE CAREFUL USING ANY SPEAKER MODIFICATION APP as you could blow your speaker. Read all instructions before making any changes to the app settings. There are newer versions of this app but I have found this 1.8.1 works the best.

Volume+ App

Having signal issues or slow data?? There are many threads dedicated to increasing signal/data speeds. The most popular is n0ve's PRL thread where users list the PRL they are using and the region in which they live. Very helpful. As always when doing any flashing by use of CDMA Workshop, DFS, or similar programs be extremely careful!!! You could permanently brick your phone BEYOND REPAIR within these programs.
    Updated PRL info per Region

Camera ICS is the camera app included in many of the custom ROMS available for our device. It's a great camera app that also has a paid version with a few more options. One of the great features of this camera is it's panoramic mode which enables you to take some great panoramic shots with your device. However there have always been issues with getting this to work when the app is included as a system app inside the ROM. mhannah has been kind enough to make us a flashable .zip that fixes that issue. Give her a thanks in her post HERE and download the flashable .zip

There are many issues that are caused by various tweaks installed with ROMS. The main locations for tweaks are within the build.prop file or init.d (init.d2) folder. Our devs are always looking for tweaks that work and sometimes we find they no longer work with new kernels or don't coexist well with other tweaks. Below is a list of know issues from various tweaks.

loopysmoothness- this causes sticky toggles or check boxes on some of our devices. Removal is simple. Use a root file browser to navigate to system/etc./init.d and delete the loopysmoothness file.

3G tweaks- Many of these are found within build.prop files and are meant to increase 3G signal or data speed. However most were created for GSM devices. The Warp is a CDMA device and these tweaks can cause issues ranging from not being able to switch between 3G/Wi-Fi without a reboot to not having 3G data at all. Removal is simple. Use a root file browser to navigate to system. Locate the build.prop file and open it with a text editor. Locate the area listed for 3G tweaks and remove those lines.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

this needs to be stickied once the information has become available.

3. cartersball

The first fix I will post is the CWM data patch created by JBrd400. This flashable zip fixes an issue where CWM does not properly backup and restore data and apps.

JBrd400_cwm_data_fix_v2.zip

Another common issue, for me at least, is that sometimes there are just issues that crop up after installing a number of ROMS. One piece of advice given by MrBobo is to take the phone back to stock. I have used Snake's Ultimate Warp Drive Tool to do just that, as well as re root, install CWM, and install the data patch.

Ultimate Warp Drive Tool

4. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

hey cartersball it might be easier to find all these if the zips etc. are placed in the OP i am talking with staff to see if things like this will get a special section in the FAQS/ATR guide i can sticky this when there is enough information in here :) and i will add it to the ATR guide :)

5. Danzo

Danzo Well-Known Member

Hey Cartersball thanks for the post, I just unroot, and installed back to stock then rooted again. Its been so long i almost forgot how to root. By the way I still have sticky issues, like things won't turn off or on then i have to reboot, any suggestions? I'm running Noob VI Rom.

6. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Danzo see if loopysmoothness is in system/etc/init.d and remove it

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Look in the init.d2 folder. Noob has 2

8. Danzo

Danzo Well-Known Member

Tried deleting loopysmoothness script, i think its the OC kernal, trying the non-oc kernal now.

Update: tried non-oc kernal its a no go. Also did nandroid backup with clean install still no go. Any suggestions?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

What did you go back to stock with

10. cartersball

Neither of the currently posted fixes are a fix for that issue. I am currently searching Starscream2109's ROM thread for the fixes found for this issue. Will update the OP when I find them.

11. Konceptz

Konceptz Well-Known Member

Wasnt sure if this should be asked here or the "Official Help Thread" but I figured if you guys provided an answer and the this thread is stickied then it might be more useful here.

Anyway the volume on my warp has always been low. Any recommendations on fixing that? I know that the icon ROM uses Volume+ and that works pretty good but I was sure if that was compatible with noobvI (My favorite ROM, by the way) or if there were anyway to go about increasing the volume on our phones.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Flash one of my kernels, that should give you a slight volume boost. Best I could do without damage

Konceptz likes this.
  13. cartersball

If rooted (which I know you are using Noob) then yes Volume+ is really the best thing out there as far as boosting the speaker volume. I have ran my good friend MrBobo's Noob ROM in many different versions and I always use Volume+. The newest version 1.9.1 doesn't seem to work as well as the older version 1.8.1. There is a download link at the bottom of this post for 1.8.1. The only time I have had trouble with this not working is on a ROM that uses the newest version of Beats Audio drivers. I think that was WCS and jet can correct me if I am wrong.

14. cartersball

He is running 1.1 according to the Benchmark thread. :)

EVERYONE WHO ISN"T UNDER A ROCK SHOULD BE RUNNING GLITCH OC BY NOW!! lol

Are you still using your Broken ROM? Just noticed it as I scanned over the info under your name. I miss that ROM.

15. Konceptz

Im actually running Glitch kernerv1.1......Damage? could Volume+ cause damage?

16. cartersball

Yes there is a warning in the app about that. It could blow your speaker if you adjust things too high. Take some time to work with it step by step and follow the instructions and you will be fine.

Konceptz likes this.
  17. Konceptz

Thanks for the help and the APK! works Great....HUGE Diffrence!!!:D:D Thank you....hope this will hope someone else as well.

18. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

19. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

So i asume this is the lib file made flashable :thumbup:

20. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

Yes

21. bricky

bricky Well-Known Member

When on a phone call no one can hear me but i can hear them

22. cartersball

That sounds pretty bad. Are you rooted? Have you installed any ROMs? What is your signal level? How long have you had the device?

I might have more questions but answer these and let's see if we can find a fix for your issue.

23. MyndCTRL

MyndCTRL Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm living under a rock, but what exactly is this fix for?

24. drewhill77

drewhill77 Android Enthusiast

fixes the library file for that camera to work on our phones

25. cartersball

OP updated with problems caused by loopysmoothness and 3G build.prop tweaks as well as diagnosis and removal

Haven't we had issues with V6 supercharger as well? If anyone knows the details on that I would be appreciative.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews