1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Connection and lagging issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PsXtreme, Sep 22, 2014.

1. PsXtreme

PsXtreme Member

So I got this galaxy s3 for boost on ebay. It seemed to work fine but my problem is that it wont activate. It gets 3 bars and shows me 3g but I get error code 6 when updating the prl or the profile. Also, this phone seems to lag on me quite a bit. Im not sure if its because its trying to contact boost/sprint and cant or what the hell is going on. I have rooted this phone and put the stock sprint rom on the phone. Is there something I am missing? Can someone suggest some things I can do? Im going to try again tomorrow when I am in 4g territory and see if there is any difference but this is frustrating the hell out of me. I have already called boost and swapped the DEC so my account is on the s3.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Is your phone Sprint branded or Boost? For your sake I hope it's a Boost branded phone. Switching a Sprint phone over to Boost is a pain in the @ss.

Boost and Sprint phones can run the same ROMs but when it comes to switching the actual carrier over it's a whole different ball game.

3. PsXtreme

PsXtreme Member

I sorted out the lagging issue and now my phone is activated. My phone is boost and I flashed the sprint stock Rom to my phone but now WiFi won't turn on. Is there a wifi update? Maybe the drivers are corrupt?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews