1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] creating flashable splash.img?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snake X, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

There arn't *too* many guides to doing this, so i'm asking here.. How can I create a flashable splash.img file to flash on my warp via boot logo changer? I know there are scripts to flashing it (such as splash flasher) but I feel more comfortable just creating the img myself and flashing it via this app instead of following procedures and having a big chance of screwing up

edit: does rom toolbox support the boot logo changing feature on this phone?

edit 2: does boot logo changer work on this phone? even though it only says it supports droid devices, I saw a video where a kid used it on the motorola triumph (vergin mobile). I figured if it worked on a device it didn't list as supported it might work on this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. oscar112709

oscar112709 Well-Known Member

i tryed the tool box but those not work plus it gives you couple of choices but warp it not one of them........if you get to know how plz reply

3. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

well actually I decided to stick with the default one

4. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

I have actually regained interest in trying to customize my splash image before boot anim. However I don't see any partition where the splash.img is located. I could only find an upside down version of it called splash.bmp in one of the big 3 partitions.. Would I just have to replace that?

5. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

The actual files reside in the ramdisk of the kernel and they are initlogo.rle and logo.bmp since we dont know where the splash image is located then we would have to edit those files the .rle is a raw image file its uncompressed and can only be opened by android

6. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

crap.. no idea where it is? And logo.bmp or the .rle file isn't it?

Yeah ramdisk is where I found logo.bmp and wasn't sure if that was it or not

7. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

those are the actual files, as far as our phone goes. those two files get built during boot i believe and then moved to the location where the splash.img resides. If we can get the official update from the update tool there is a splash.img in it. and it should tell us in the script where it gets flashed too

8. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

Are we able to do something like what Woodstock did when he captured the update? How would you do something like that?

9. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Deleted

(suggestion not compatible with this device)
    Thank you @snake x

StarScream2109 likes this.
  10. Spanked

Spanked Newbie

I saved the update.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xs82uv8qofwemw/N860V1.0.0B19.zip

Update tool
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1rrchzfjm9gj0l/P020120108252572663411.exe

Snake X likes this.
  11. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

I tried it before, didn't quite worked. Something wasn't happening and I thought I'd bricked it :s

Good thing I didnt :D

edit: looks like ill have to wait till i get in linux again to mess with it

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  12. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

I've tried that boot logo changer , definately did not work, caused major problems actually, nothing i wasnt able to fix but, last time i tried did not work too smoothly ;\

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Splash IMG gets split into its own partition, I don't remember the mmcblk, but if you do an adb pull of those, you'll find it, I would still just edit the ramdisk

Snake X likes this.
  14. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

Yeah I figured it was something along those sorts. Now to find out what actually makes the .img...

15. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Sorry to bring up an old thread but Im trying to change the img in the ram disk but I see two files... logo.bmp and a initlogo.rle... which one do I edit? And have any of you successfully done it?

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Logo if I remember correctly

17. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Thanks

18. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

I don't think it compiled correctly... the colors came out weird and then it cut off and rebooted into recovery... nothing every goes right for me the first time... :-(

19. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Dont feel bad :p your not alone

20. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

I know... but it pissed me off... I worked on finding out how to do it for 3 hours last night and another 3 hours this morning and all I got out of it was a headache... I have a question though... before I extracted the ram disk the boot.img was like 16 or 15mbs... but after I repacked it it was 5mbs... is this normal? Or is that where the problem is?

21. StarScream2109

You were modifing the ram disk? It shouldnt drop in size that much unless you removed and edited a ton of stuff

22. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

All I did was change out the logo.bmp... I think I see the problem... the ram disk wont extract fully... and all the folders are empty...

23. StarScream2109

yeah ive had that happen before with a different thing and it wouldnt work so i check and only 2 folders were copied and there was nothing in them

24. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

I wonder if its a problem with the tool I'm using or is it me...

25. StarScream2109

probably the tool haha

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews