• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Cyanogenmod 7 progress/updates (daily!)

Ok I think what would greatly help me at this point is figuring out the actual build process of cm7. By this, I mean what generally takes place, what files are pushed/pulled around in lamens terms and what kind of setup needs to take place in order for the correct files to go where they need to go. The reason I'm asking about this, I can't figure out what needs to be done to pull files from my warp as what I understand is what happens when you build cm7- it takes files off your phone.

Then again, I could try to go through what jbdr gave me first then ask questions afterwards, but im asking now :p

edit: progress update: none so far.. Workin on getting something to say.. lol

If you want Ill port it for you....
:rolleyes:

Jk :D

I, myself appreciate what you are doing but you seem kinda clueless LOL

Maybe this is what you are missing for this rom to run

Free Your Android - How to Port Android to Another Device

Upvote 0
Well I am asking questions in the cm dev irc channel, so that should give an insight to something..

edit: I need to know how to make a extract-files.sh..

That's the issue I ran into. That file was already present for the other devices. You can look at the configs under the device folder to get an idea of what's in it, but the real question is how to know which specific files need to be copied.

Upvote 0
Snake, read the links... The last one talks about all that
If you're stuck on the step where you need to ADB to pull proprietary files from the phone, just:

1. download a CM7 nightly zip file
2. unzip the zip file somewhere
3. edit the adb script that pulls the proprietary file (I forgot the name, but you can search for it in the device specific folders, and grep for adb) to "cp" instead of "adb pull" from the folder you've unzipped from.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this doesn't help.. :( Though thanks for trying! I appreciate all the help that is given to me because you all care ;)

You're right... I do care (about this phone becoming worth owning) if you actually take the time to read those links THOROUGHLY you would notice the KANG one is ALL ABOUT MAKING.CM7 FOR NEW DEVICES and the process...
Also Hroark13 will have some insight about init.rc

Upvote 0
Drivers, mounts, it would be like taking one installation of ms windows and expecting it work on a completely different computer. Now the zte warp is a completely new phone, so this is pretty much building from scratch, i was just seeing if i could find so info to help with some missing links

Upvote 0
Well I do have some very good news for the progress of cm7:

from a pm that shabbypenguin sent me:

Shabbypenguin said:
Snake X said:
Are you willing to help me with porting cm7 to the ZTE warp? I am pretty stuck and in a tight spot.. I have managed to build it but not without a lot of warnings and it won't even enable adb. It won't boot let alone reach the boot screen (sticks at splash image). I can't figure it out for my life, and I'm running out of options it seems like.. Here's my whole build output: PasteAll.org

I am using config files for cwm (https://github.com/QuietStorm1785) (I pasted those files in the /device/zte/warp folder I made) but the dev who made it for this device said it was possible to make cm7 from them but he didn't know how.

warnings are fine, its errors that will throw ya off.

does adb devices see the phone? if os then it may jus be a matter of /system not getting mounted.

This takes care of A LOT of things seeing that most of the output that isn't smooth is just warnings. This also gives me a good sign because that might be all I need to do as he says..
BUT!
one.. small.. problem..

as of right now the only way adb works is through the stock rom and nothing else including cwm and my build. Thus, I need to ask quietstorm to add adb support to his next release of cwm... if he ever gets on again :S

Upvote 0
ok progress! I am on the fast-track to building a CUSTOM custom recovery.. thats right! This cwm will have adb enabled (no im not releasing it as its not necessary) so that I can do some things that need to be done to analyze the install of cm7
Thats great news bro! Im so happy to see you doing all you can for us Warp owners.:D Im still on the ignorant side of building and/or analyzing custom roms, but Im not a complete noob. So if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones